Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my GT back from a 4 week accident repair. Looks a beaut now and I've realised why I missed it so much, there's something magic about it.

I got inspired by the 4c grill and thought I'd play with the idea of getting the grill + wheels (which are in need of a refurb soon) painted black. Did a quick photoshop to see what it's like.

Is this Alfa heresy? Too tacky, or does this turn my car into a stealthy beast? Will it hurt resale costs? - It's got 95000 on it and a 55 plate, so not believing i'll sell/get anything good for it anyway when the time comes. Opinions/where to get this done appreciated!

If I can find a good deal on the paint, I'll get it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just got my GT back from a 4 week accident repair. Looks a beaut now and I've realised why I missed it so much, there's something magic about it.

I got inspired by the 4c grill and thought I'd play with the idea of getting the grill + wheels (which are in need of a refurb soon) painted black. Did a quick photoshop to see what it's like.

Is this Alfa heresy? Too tacky, or does this turn my car into a stealthy beast? Will it hurt resale costs? - It's got 95000 on it and a 55 plate, so not believing i'll sell/get anything good for it anyway when the time comes. Opinions/where to get this done appreciated!

If I can find a good deal on the paint, I'll get it done.
Prefer the one on the right lol

Why not try painting the inside of your lights black ala the 'blackline/clover look, then adding a lower front spoiler as alfadoit has done? The front end on his looks more like a 'GTA' version of the GT if ever they would have made one.

You could also add the newer satin grill. All of this I plan to do myself once the car starts behaving itself, but mine is blue so will not look as good as the black IMO.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I like it :)

I would keep the horizontal lines in the Scudetto chrome (as they are on 147) though. It is too black otherwise. But not bad at all.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not to my taste I'm afraid. Much prefer the car as nature and Alfa Romeo intended.

Not sure what the resale value of a GT is nowadays but it would certainly put me off buying it if the wheels and grille had been repainted.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Either or. Can't see it making any difference to it's monetary worth. If you like it though get to it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts