Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do company's employ such utter censored-015.gif s to design their products & write their fitting instructions :confused: :rant:

First of all the circle template they provide is too small :eek: :mad: the the actual thing doesn't fit together properly :mad: :rant:

So after much filing of specific areas of the cut-out (size as per censored-015.gif template :mad:) to get the inner and outer plastic flanges to actually fit in the hole, cutting of the plastic liner to the correct dimension (i.e. not that which is shown in the censored-015.gif ing censored-015.gif instructions), much super-gluing of the parts to get them to actually stay together whilst fitting them into the door and swearing on both mines and TFMN's parts we actually got it installed !! (It only took just over three censored-015.gif ing hours !! :eek: )

Both the product design and the fitting instructions need someone who actually has some practical understanding not some muppet with a degree who thinks the sun shines out of his or her 'arris !! :tut:

I'm off for a lay down in a darkened room :eek: :p

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know Snoots... we didn't even get a thankyou from the little Ginger bistard !! :eek: :mad:

:cry:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super Glue :eek: :tut:

Lets hope SPARKEY Jasper don't get stuck :lol:
He's stuck enough trying to work out how to open the fecking thing due to the magnet working on this new one !! :rolleyes:

The muppet :p

:lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Have you noticed, nomes, that whenever you try anything of a
practical nature at the weekend, you end up posting a rant on the
monday after :(

Do you think that, perhaps, you're just not cut out for practical
type chores and should stick to living the high life :confused:

If you like, we'll all sign a note that you can give to Debs so that
she will understand that your poor performance in the DIY stakes
is in fact a condition you suffer from and that she should let you
sit back and enjoy a beer or two, something you are more clearly
designed to carry out :lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek:

:cry:

:lol:

·
Super Moderator
44,776 Posts
If it makes you feel any better Gnomes, the only reason that all my DIY expeditions aren't followed by a rant on here is that I'm worried I'd probably balls the rant up too. :(

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
You got it fitted finally, that's the main thing.:): That was always No.1 priority when we moved house, a few times, fit the moggies door!

You are correct regarding the template. First action, BIN-IT!:): Next, Measure up, and using a piece of thin cardboard, make one using the impression method, rather like making a cardboard gasket for a carburettor flange.:):

Consolation is in making yourself a hand written set of instructions for the next time around. They are stupid things to fit, and if someone says they are easy, could that fellow please replace my cherished Jaguars top, and bottom timing chains and tensioners? Better still, you do the cat-flap mate, I'll sort the Jag! Many Thanks.:D:lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll do that Zed ;)

I cut the hole oversize to the template and even that didn't work :cry:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
I even ended up using super glue on the last one, and I always regarded myself as reasonably competent with sheet metal fabrication and welding, and general automotive stuff. :(: Staywell's are Ace, crap, cat flaps.! :):

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
....and it'll sit by the door waiting for you to open it..... rather than use the flap :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yup he was out there for 20 mins yesterday waiting on us to open it and we wouldn't let him in !! :rolleyes: :lol:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts