Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all set to start looking for an Elise S2 (as I always planned), but the insurance costs still don't stack up yet.

So, I have decided to get a V6 GTV in the mean time. :cool:

Therefore the TS will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks and the hunt for a V6 will begin.

Pretty pointless post, but I'm excited. :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good for you. Whilst the Elise is an amazingly capable car, the engine does n't sound anything special (think whirring bucket of bolts a few inches behind your head) and to be honest you need a race track to get the best out of it.

Had a very enjoyable session at Silverstone a few years back in one but IMO its not a very good road car, the GTV V6 will I am sure be more rewarding. It might end up being a long "stop gap" option for you...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The Elise's are not even that quick at grand touring speeds - I made a complete mockery out of one in the GTA the other week at higher speeds :D

On a track though I agree - a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Elise more expensive to insure than a V6 GTV?? Maybe because it's twice the price? I know bodywork is more expensive being plastic on the Elise, but due to the small engine I thought it would be easier to insure. Have you factored in running costs? The Elise must be 10mpg or more better than a GTV V6.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elise more expensive to insure than a V6 GTV?? Maybe because it's twice the price? I know bodywork is more expensive being plastic on the Elise, but due to the small engine I thought it would be easier to insure. Have you factored in running costs? The Elise must be 10mpg or more better than a GTV V6.
Yup, about double. About £1200, compared to about £2500 for the Elise. It was about £4000 for the Elise when I first started looking. :wow:

In reality, the cost of the car is about 3 times more and the insurance company are obviously aware most Elises driven by younger drivers will end up in a ditch.

Yeah, running costs aren't really an issue for me.

Who knows, maybe the V6 may not be a stop gap. It looks like I've been bitten by the Alfa bug!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's not going to be for sale for a couple of weeks until I get a couple of things sorted.

I'll write a proper ad with pics shortly.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it's time to resurrect this thread.

I've managed to get around to selling the TS, so the hunt for a V6 begins.

Ideally I'm after Meteor/Eclipse grey with red leather, Teledials and Aero kit. I would consider other colours, especially silver.

If anyone knows of anything matching this description for sale, I would be interested to know.

I've got an eye on Pistonheads, Auto Trader, AO Classifieds and eBay.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what are the specs of your TS? Whereabouts are you located, I have a friend looking for one.
p.m me, i may have a t.s your mate might be interested in, sorry bout the hijack lads:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts