Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I am a stay at home Dad, and so far I've done all this stuff ...

1. Got the small beasts ready for school, breakfast and drop them off (including providing cakes for the cake stall for the school fare at the weekend)

2. Picked up 3 cubic meters of leaves from the garden

3. Tidied the house (including vacuuming)

4. Prepared Dinner for tonight (slow cooker :thumbs:)

5. I've "done" 2 wash loads (although I personally wouldn't put that down as a "chore" because all you do is put stuff in the machine and then take it out again :confused:)

6. Popped up the shops to buy some fresh bread/fruit/veg for the weekend

7. Cleaned my car (obviously!!)

and I'm done for the day ... just a bit of hard work and running around in the morning and I've got the rest of the day to myself (apart from picking up the small beasts later from school)

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Doddle.

Although the washing machine does confuse me.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts

1. Got the small beasts ready for school, breakfast and drop them off (including providing cakes for the cake stall for the school fare at the weekend)

5. I've "done" 2 wash loads (although I personally wouldn't put that down as a "chore" because all you do is put stuff in the machine and then take it out again :confused:)

and I'm done for the day ... just a bit of hard work and running around in the morning and I've got the rest of the day to myself (apart from picking up the small beasts later from school)
you'll probably find later on that you did none of it right ;)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
At risk of being pedantic you are not a stay at home dad, as that usually means staying at home to look after an under school age child(ren).

Now that really is difficult:)

N

·
0 Posts
What with dishwashers, washing machines and vacuum cleaners (now robot
ones, which are being marketed heavily here right now) I can't see it as
the back-breaking grind it once was....

;)

R

·
0 Posts

Hmm not a complete roster I'm afraid.

Where is bullet point 8

" Practised claiming to have a headache in anticipation of the main breadwinner seeking sexual favours after busy day at the coal face"

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Once the kids are at school I imagine it is a doddle. My wife's climbing the walls at the moment looking after our one year old. You can't take your eyes off her for a second.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At risk of being pedantic you are not a stay at home dad, as that usually means staying at home to look after an under school age child(ren).

Now that really is difficult:)

Well I'm a dad, and I've stayed at home ... so therefore if we're being pedantic I AM a "stay at home dad" :p

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only "bad" thing (and I use bad in a good sense of the word) is that by about 11:30 I felt like I had earned a well deserved beer ... probably a bad move to start drinking at that time of day as I could imagine after a few weeks I'd be having beer for breakfast :lol:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts