Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !
On my V6 93 I have a very strange problem, when the car is cold (outside) it starts on the first turn of the key. If the car has been in a varm garage for some hours and cooled down , it starts once as well. But If the car has been driven up ro normal working temperature , and I stop for a while (20 mins to 1 hour) the car sometime doesnt start until the 10-20 turn of the key . Also in very hot condition (yeah in Sweden) and the temp has gone up above 90 it fails to start as well.

1. I turn the key , hear a click in the drivers seat (left side) lights on the seat adj. dims down (beeing cut off) and nothing happens. you can try this 2-30 times before the car starts , depends on its "mood"

The question I'm having:
Is there a immobilizer built in (only orginal alarm) and that has been removed.

if so how do you test that it is Ok , or remove it ?

Thanks for the help

/Gunnth

J

·
0 Posts
you dont say if the engine still turns over ok if it doesnt get the starter motor checked it could be you are getting a poor contact in the starter when its hot.

W

·
0 Posts
The noise from the drivers seat sounds interesting. I'm not as technically minded as Jimybob but just checked the handbook for relays, are they anywhere near?

"Exclusion of power accessories on starting" - relay K??

Also, (one for Jimybob) would the emergency fuel cut off switch under the seat have the same effect??

Presume you are trying the "hot start" procedure of depressing the accelerator.

wrinx :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
the cut of switch is only an inertia(poor spelling)switch its ON or its OFF it shouldnt give intermitant faults.

W

·
0 Posts
Jimybob

These are Italian electrics we're talking about, "shouldn't" isnt part of the language wink

Strange that its cutting power to the seat adjuster, dodgy relay??? Waddya think?

wrinx

ps. inertia was right wink

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
If the starter isn`t turning then that would be the most likely suspect. Anyone ever have an old air-cooled VW? Remember how the starters would just stop turning and 'click' when they were hot? Quite annoying when stopping for petrol on a long drive!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stripped the fuses, battry leads and all the relays, and we just have to see,,,

/thanx for the info Guys!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts