Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the new year, you are fed up in work, you still have bills to pay, you start your own business, what are you going to do;

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Dig out me fishnets & lurk on street corners :lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Folk will pay me to cover up :thumbs: :lol:

·
Registered
37,652 Posts
Small shop, fruit & veg, artisan breads, home made jams & pickles, anything in season, add home delivery, hunt govt subsidies (healthy eating etc) and chuck in seasonal fads like Christmas trees, Easter eggs etc etc.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am considering it, even thought of the name;
'Be Prepared' or 'Preparation Wayne'

I come to your house and do all the skanky pre-decorating preparation, all the stripping. rubbing down, filling etc, then all the customer has to do is paint/paper....:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts

I come to your house and do all the skanky pre-decorating preparation, all the stripping. rubbing down, filling etc, then all the customer has to do is paint/paper....:)
Surely that's the bit people do themselves to cut costs when getting a pro in?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Lunch time café bar, homemade soup and home baked Artisan Breads :D

Served in giant soup mugs and the bread on wooden bread boards :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts

Actually, that's a pretty good idea. If you can get the pricing right, you could have a nice little niche there. I am good at DIY and quite enjoy it, but work such long hours that I don't have the time to do major jobs. That means I get people in, and although we are reasonably well off now, I still kind of resent paying people to do something that I can do myself. It does get expensive if you need a lot done as well. Your approach would allow people like me to do the enjoyable bits of DIY and save time on the boring prep bits, and also cut down the cost of bigger jobs.

Good luck with it if you decide to do it. I've always been too risk-averse to start my own business.

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 20 of 35 Posts