Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK you can stop laughing now! Only had our G for a week now and still not done many miles in her, and the few i have done are mainly local:cry: Have noticed how low 1st gear is + as soon as you set off it's time to change up into second.
I am sure someone on here with a 170 tct said his was automatically choosing second to start off in? [i do get confused so may be wrong] , and so i thought i would give it a try in our manual 170. Yes i know that clutch will get a bit more wear but it seems to still be quick off the mark and does not struggle at all;of course leaving 1st out is saving clutch/gear use.
Has anyone tried this ? am i going to cause too much wear on clutch ? am i just being stupid ?:confused:
Many thanks; Lovin the Giulietta bye the way,[ sure i have mentioned before!]:thumbs:

·
Registered
578 Posts
I agree, first gear seems to be very short. Pulling out of junctions it's asking me to change to second before I've even got halfway arouind the corner, and yet second is too high. The car even struggles pulling out from a rolling start so it would really struggle from a standing start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts