Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Underwent surgery a good few months ago and have spent that time recovering... unfortunately my beloved 147 has just been parked on the drive... however i'm due to come off crutches next week and will be looking to start it for the first time in a few months!

Battery was obviously flat, so that's come in the house for an overnight charge. Anyone have any recommendations for when i re-start the motor (such as should i change the oil etc?) as i've never left a car that long, especially over winter!

thanks a lot! :D

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Check the tyre pressures, check the oil level, turn the key and drive it.
You might find that the handbrake has siezed on, i always leave mine off, in gear and with the wheels chocked. Mine sits for 3 months at a time and it starts as normal when i come home.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
may want a glug of fresh fuel in her, as fuel does go off believe it or not, but sure will be fine.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
My bike has stood for 12 months with the same fuel in and started fine so it doesn't go off as quickly as people would have you believe, especially if its a fairly air tight container.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Check the tyre pressures, check the oil level, turn the key and drive it.
You might find that the handbrake has siezed on, i always leave mine off, in gear and with the wheels chocked. Mine sits for 3 months at a time and it starts as normal when i come home.
Exactly what Rockhopper said. It hasn't been a bad winter so far either.

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
Exactly.
Just charge the battery (will probably take longer than just one over night), check the levels & pressures and start it.
Once you come to drive it, the brakes will be bad for a short time until they grind the surface rust off, so be prepared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts