Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am busy with fitting in a security key system to start the engine, same like you see in this movie.

My question is, the first part, the black and blue wire this guy is talking of...I should cut the wire that goes to the starter.
My first tought is that this is the (blackwhite) crank wire coming from the key, but a little bit further he talks about the orange wire that must be connected to the 12v crank wire.
Im a bit confused now. does he mean another wire then the black white crank wire?

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
The black and blue wire should be connected to the wire (to be cut) from the ignition switch to the starter
In the workshop manual the color of this wire is stated to be red, red/black or red/blue depending on motor version and year. (Ignition switch pin 50).
The red wire should be connected to a constant 12V.
The black wires should be connected to Ground (Chassis)
The orange wire should be connected to a 12V that is present with the ignition on and when cranking the starter.
The orange/light-blue wire from the ignition switch (pin INT) has this function

Alfa_Romeo_916_Electric-Circuit.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The black and blue wire should be connected to the wire (to be cut) from the ignition switch to the starter
In the workshop manual the color of this wire is stated to be red, red/black or red/blue depending on motor version and year. (Ignition switch pin 50).
The orange wire should be connected to a 12V that is present with the ignition on and when cranking the starter.

View attachment 938341
Hello Henrik, well this helps a lot!!! Let's see if this is going to work tommorow, I let you know!! Thank you

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

View attachment 938341
Yep, it works like a charm now, thanks for the intervention Henrik!! First it did not work, somehow they had put in another code, I had to reset it with the mastercode and all worked fine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts