Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and my best wishes :xmas: ,
the car is a Giulietta JTDM2 1,6 2010.
I will describe my problem in "now and then" style.
Then:
Let's suppose i have the heater fan activated at 4th power scale(4 red leds),when i stop the car and start stop system activates,as soon as the engine turns off,the heater fan will drop to 1st scale automatically,it will return to the 4th scale as soon as the engine powers back on.
This i suppose is the normal functioning.
Now:
Let's suppose i have the heater fan activated at 4th power scale(4 red leds),when i stop the car and start stop system activates,as soon as the engine turns off,the heater fan will NOT drop to 1st scale automatically(as it did before),but will stay on 4th scale,it will drop to 1st scale at the moment when engine powers back on and directly go back to 4th scale.
This i suppose is not the normal functioning.

Any suggestions or same experience?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the last is normal.

the electric consumption is minimized while the starter motor operates.
You mean that the starting moment is normal or that the whole procedure is normal?
Why did it work differently some days ago?
Also,sometimes when it keeps the high scale while off,i can hear a noise coming from somewhere in the front,i guess it is the noise when A/C kicks in,like it has not enough power to work.So,i suppose that it should automatically go to the lowest scale when engine turns off.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
no, with the engine off the climate control functions normally unless the interior cabin can't be maintained. In that case the engine will restart with the dip in fan speed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, with the engine off the climate control functions normally unless the interior cabin can't be maintained. In that case the engine will restart with the dip in fan speed.
Hi there,what i noticed is that the fan speed drops to 1st scale only when A/C is engaged,so,my description was not perfect but i still have some doubts about that noise.
Will wait for sunny days to come again and try again,maybe will get back to you,thanks a lot.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I never use start/stop myself, but I'll try when it gets warmer aswell. I noticed however also in other cars that the fan speed gets lessened to move the flaps regulating airflow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts