Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

Recently my 2.0JTDM Giulietta's start stop has been cutting the engine as it should, and if I depress the clutch it restarts as normal. However, if I'm standing for long enough that the car chooses to restart itself, this restart fails and the car continues to try to restart, but fails every time. If I depress the clutch the car starts again.

This can be replicated by holding the s/s toggle whilst the car is stopped with the engine off (due to the start stop cutting the engine as it should). Again restart is attempted but fails.

Any ideas on cause and a fix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would suggest that you go and see a Alfa Dealer, as they need to check the ecu's for the reason why it failed. It might be (if i recall correctly relais 11 under the bonnet, but not sure)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suggest that you go and see a Alfa Dealer, as they need to check the ecu's for the reason why it failed. It might be (if i recall correctly relais 11 under the bonnet, but not sure)
Thanks Alfatecie. So it's potentially a known issue with a relay? I struggled to find anything using the forum search. I must admit, if it's something that I could purchase and swap myself I try to avoid dealers and the associated expense!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts