Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, ive had my 2011 Giulietta for around 2 months now and in that time the start/stop has only worked for 1 day. Before that, it used to come up on the screen with start/stop not available etc as you would expect. Now, I don't get any messages and it doesn't work ever, although I can still connect it and disconnect it via the switch on the dashboard.

Is this simply the battery not having enough juice or something else.

Like I said, no message, no available/unavailable, nothing. And it never works.

I'm not overly bothered but when you have something that should work and it doesn't, it gets a bit annoying!

I drive about 20-25 miles a day in total to/from work. And that's about it, could this be the issue?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi there, ive had my 2011 Giulietta for around 2 months now and in that time the start/stop has only worked for 1 day. Before that, it used to come up on the screen with start/stop not available etc as you would expect. Now, I don't get any messages and it doesn't work ever, although I can still connect it and disconnect it via the switch on the dashboard.

Is this simply the battery not having enough juice or something else.

Like I said, no message, no available/unavailable, nothing. And it never works.

I'm not overly bothered but when you have something that should work and it doesn't, it gets a bit annoying!

I drive about 20-25 miles a day in total to/from work. And that's about it, could this be the issue?
This is very much the norm for hundreds of G owners out there, think yourself lucky, if you upgrade the battery it will bring the bleeding thing into operation ! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
As Mike has suggested fitting the correct battery will almost certainly solve the problem.

I had the wrong battery in mine (only 6 months old too) and although it started the engine OK, I decided to fit the correct battery so that S/S would work properly. I'm sure many would call me stupid for doing so but I've no regrets as it's nice to have a car that works as intended

Don't forget to read all the S/S threads.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As Mike has suggested fitting the correct battery will almost certainly solve the problem.

I had the wrong battery in mine (only 6 months old too) and although it started the engine OK, I decided to fit the correct battery so that S/S would work properly. I'm sure many would call me stupid for doing so but I've no regrets as it's nice to have a car that works as intended

Don't forget to read all the S/S threads.
Interestingly I replaced my battery when it died and stop start still did not work. However I pulled a fuse (on advice from a thread somewhere on here) to check it and replaced it, then it seems to have worked at every possible occasion!! Fuse 87 from memory. Must have reset something in the background I guess. This is on a 1.4MA TCT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts