Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Next Generation, Patrick Stewart and his team were my favourite.

Only just nudged the original series into second place by a whisker in my humble opinion. ;)

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Locutus and Seven of Nine are besties now?

And whilst I'm a fan of Stranger Things and Firefly you don't need an unusual young girl with a hidden past/future in every show, specially one with great, pre-existing characters.

Data's kept in a drawer like an old iPod Classic!!!!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the Picard era... As soon as I saw an old bloke in charge of the ship, and the committee chairs for the "leadership team" on the flight deck I knew it was going to be all a bit too "right on" and PC for me... :D

Although Pat Stewart is a finer actor than any of the original 1960's series.

Kirk on the other hand.. was a younger bloke in charge of a Star Ship. You only have young blokes in charge of a Star Ship if they're a) good.. and b) all the old blokes have been KIA. Kirk-trek was just more Rock and Roll/Vietnam.. lots less jaw-jaw and much more blasting with Photon Torpedos (surely the finest Sci-Fi weapon sound ever?).

By the time Picard and his "leadership team" had discussed, consulted, reached out and obtained feedback before putting it forward as a resolution for majority voting, the Borg... the F*UCKING BORG! has taken over half the universe and stuffed an anal probe up everybody's arris. That Locutus is so troubled hints that the character probably is repelled but enjoys the probing in equal measure. :D

Kirk would have given that Cube the big Phaser, followed by a few Torpedos... (while copping an eyeful of Yeoman Janice just after snogging the face off some ensign chick) and finished it off by sailing a Shuttle craft full of anti-matter in it, beaming out just a few seconds (owing to transporter failure on the way in) before the whole lot exploded with enough Force to create a new Red Dwarf star.. :D

Kirk. The King.

Ralf S.

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the Picard era... As soon as I saw an old bloke in charge of the ship, and the committee chairs for the "leadership team" on the flight deck I knew it was going to be all a bit too "right on" and PC for me... :D

Although Pat Stewart is a finer actor than any of the original 1960's series.

Kirk on the other hand.. was a younger bloke in charge of a Star Ship. You only have young blokes in charge of a Star Ship if they're a) good.. and b) all the old blokes have been KIA. Kirk-trek was just more Rock and Roll/Vietnam.. lots less jaw-jaw and much more blasting with Photon Torpedos (surely the finest Sci-Fi weapon sound ever?).

By the time Picard and his "leadership team" had discussed, consulted, reached out and obtained feedback before putting it forward as a resolution for majority voting, the Borg... the F*UCKING BORG! has taken over half the universe and stuffed an anal probe up everybody's arris. That Locutus is so troubled hints that the character probably is repelled but enjoys the probing in equal measure. :D

Kirk would have given that Cube the big Phaser, followed by a few Torpedos... (while copping an eyeful of Yeoman Janice just after snogging the face off some ensign chick) and finished it off by sailing a Shuttle craft full of anti-matter in it, beaming out just a few seconds (owing to transporter failure on the way in) before the whole lot exploded with enough Force to create a new Red Dwarf star.. :D

Kirk. The King.

Ralf S.
Ooohhh....where’s the multiple-like button?

But a single like is not fitting for such perfect prose!

(I know it was six months ago. I’m slow....so what :p)

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Bit late to this discussion but loved Picard, liked how restrained it was! Could have gone all in with showing us the returning characters, but didn't!

PStew still a leg end!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts