Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to locate some previous post for the standard GTA ride height listed as F:350mm R:360mm. I believe this is for the saloon, and the SW rides a little higher on the rear. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got a new set of AD coilovers fitted. The rake looks a bit off, and would like to confirm what the proper height should be, as measured from the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch. I figured there is a spec from Alfa, but so far can only locate the figures for the saloon and not the SW.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It started off at 360mm front, 350mm back. After some adjustment of the coilovers, I measure 345mm in front, and 355mm in back, which looks about right. Nonetheless, would still like to know what the standard settings are for the wagon... anyone know?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't that clear:

I have a sportwagon with factory suspension, would my measurements be accurate enough for your purpose?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just measured it from the driveway to the crest of the arch.

It was 660mm front and 685mm at the rear.

I guess the measurements you quoted are from the centre of the wheel?

My car has standard 17" teledials and there are no dead bodies (or other weight) in the boot!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. The difference is between front and rear is sufficient. Yours is at 25mm or 1 inch. Mine is at 10mm, which according to previous threads, is standard for the saloon. Looks like I will have to raise the rear a bit!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would love to know the differences between the GTA saloon and SW - I've heard rumours of more rear ride height (now confirmed by this and softer springs, but no-one seems to know for sure. Plus some suggestions that some gubbins like the rear brake callipers might be different. Anyone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts