Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else experienced excess wear on the non carbon-fibre QV leather sports wheel? I had something similar on my 159 Ti albeit after about five years versus less than two. I'm considering raising this under warranty while it lasts. Excuse the leg!

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Has anybody else experienced excess wear on the non carbon-fibre QV leather sports wheel? I had something similar on my 159 Ti albeit after about five years versus less than two. I'm considering raising this under warranty while it lasts. Excuse the leg!
That's shocking mate. I have the standard wheel (15 months) and it looks as good as new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nearing 40k kilometres on mine, looks near as new. This is clearly a warranty job (piling on, but better to have too many points of reference).

·
Registered
975 Posts
Do you wipe your hands with alcohol rub at all? I've seen this a few times on different cars and that is usually the reason behind it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the record, this was accepted under warranty and swapped out at my service company. Existing switchgear was re-attached, so I guess not too expensive to resolve.

·
Registered
37,887 Posts
Your old one will go back to the supplier and they will provide a new one but specifying the materials may be more down to Alfa with a disclaimer from the supplier. The Giulietta was originally going to have alcantara on the steering wheel but it was obviously cancelled to late for the brochure publication date.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts