Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me out with my alarm system. A couple of weeks ago one of the keys stopped working - I eventually traced the fault down to the switch on the keyfob.

However, when I fixed this I pressed the button on the fob loads of time to make sure that the light was still flashing and I had fixed the problem. Little did I realise but the alarm system uses a rolling code.

I think I have managed to get the key and the car out of sync with each other - The other key I have for the car is working OK so I don't think that there is anything wrong with the alarm receiver. I have turned the system on and off using the lock in the glove box but this hasn't fixed it. I am pretty sure the key is now transmitting OK, the LED seems to flash as it used to, and I have had a friend check the transmission using a multifrequency receiver and this looks OK..

Any ideas?? I am stumped and the dealer wasn't much help either (no suprise there).

Thanks

James

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi James

Do you have the four digit alram code? There is a re-synch proceedure but you need the code.

If you find it I'll post how to :)

wrinx

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Surely a rolling code cant get out of sync that easily? What about all the accidental 'pocket presses' and all of the ones when you're too far awy from the car?

I reckon the code would only increment each time a signal was successfully received, but if anyone would like to clear it up any better than my wild guesses, please do. And then you can say nerr nerr ne nerr nerr to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rich

I think they can literally just "go". Had this happen on the twinny, no idea why! Put the code in and all was well.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Wrinx,

I don't have the 4 digit code - where can I get it from?? I guess alfa must have it somewhere?

If I do manage to get the code, what's the procedure?

Thanks

James

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrinx, i know it's been posted on the site before but it may be worthwhile posting again, i could do with the procedure myself as one of the keys is duff, no obvious problems but may help.

Cheers

·
Banned
477 Posts
I wouldn't mind a reminder either. My alarm still doesn't work properly. Tried to put the code in, but one of the digits is a zero- does this mean that you don't press the button in next to the sensor when you come to that digit? :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
James, thinking about this, its more likely to be a duff key, isn't it? Why should one work and not the other if the alarm is no good?

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is worth repeating too,

The alarm LED codes:

Upon deactivation:

1 flash RH front door
2 flashes LH front door
3 flashes RH rear door
4 flashes LH rear door
5 flashes Ultrasonic sensors
6 flashes Bonnet
7 flashes Boot
8 flashes Key operated supply cut off
9 flashes Battery supply cut off
10 flashes 3 or more simultaneous alarms

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To re-memorise the roof receiver:

The procedure is, press the recessed button until the LED flashes then press the button for the corresponding number of times for each number of the code, with a flash inbetween.........this is from memory!!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
if the light stays on it means that it has not worked ,if you have one key working then i would not mess with it as you could block good key if you have no code then your knackered as previous owner should have passed it on and its against the law for anyone to store this number on data base ,they can only store immobiliser code number for this should be by lock on drivers door ,nsvr but the number on sticker has since changed you should get a new num when ringing old .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 2 keys but one code, both keys appear fine
but only 1 is recongnised by the roof reciever, both were working fine until recently if i try to
put the codes in what harm could it do? Anybody
had a problem trying to put the codes into the roof reciever? if the code is accepted do you just hold down the button on the key for it to register? I'm trying to find out more as i don't want to knacker a good key.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is the roof receiver code the same as the one that is printed onto a sticky label on the microchip in the key????

Cheers

James

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not heard that it's in the key before, but could be that the previous owner has put it there for safe keeping. If it's four numbers then you might be lucky, only trouble is what harm can it do if the code is wrong? that I don't know.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sorry mate in the manual i think its says you can get locked out then a diff procedure has to be done to unlock ,think its just to hold dimple button on reciever in roof on and press key once if it turns off the led then its ready to re program but not 100% on this any one confirm?

·
Registered
550 Posts
James, do you mean that the famous four digit code is written into the key ?

Regards
Jorge :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys,
Last week I sucessfully programmed in a brand new key fob from Alfa using the procedure described in the following post. There were some diferences on my car (red led instead of green, led on continuously after programming) but it worked. Please note that each fob has its own code which must be used. My new fob came with the code on a small white sticker attched to the fob key ring.

http://www.alfa155.com/155/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000523#000000

:cool: Good luck!
Colin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts