Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have manged to spray some silver paint on the standard black body kit, ooooops!

Does anyone know what paint to use on the standard black body kit?

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The black plastic sections at the rear (above the exhausts) and at the front, where the foglights are.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi

I have manged to spray some silver paint on the standard black body kit, ooooops!

Does anyone know what paint to use on the standard black body kit?

Cheers
Have you tried removing the silver paint with thinner????
As another member ,already stated,the rear valance is a self coloured polypropylene.
Just spoke to our bodyshop guy and he says that high temp black paint spray will be a very close match but apply it thinly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys
Thanks heaps for the advice. I have tried some cleaning turps and that seems to remove a bit of it. I am a bit wary of using that though as I think it might can dull the polypropylene. I had otherwise thought about using some VERY mild scratch remover compound.
Any idea what the high temp black paint spray is, i.e. paint code/make?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Surely the silver paint is water based?

I would've thought that a quick visit to any body shop would be able to remove this with a rag soaked in a non-harming solution of some kind in a few minutes.

I wouldn't think any aggressive solvent would be required?

Good luck

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi guys
Thanks heaps for the advice. I have tried some cleaning turps and that seems to remove a bit of it. I am a bit wary of using that though as I think it might can dull the polypropylene. I had otherwise thought about using some VERY mild scratch remover compound.
Any idea what the high temp black paint spray is, i.e. paint code/make?
When you first mentioned ,you sprayed it silver,did you use a spray gun with water based paint mix or a normal spray ???Nonetheless ,even if you did use a spray gun mix,once dry the water based paint will only come out with thinner.!I spray regularly with water based paint and I have to quicky wash spray gun with gun but after I still need a cloth with thinner for a perfect clean.
The high temp black paint I was referring is any HT spray at your local DIY.Just apply very thin coat from about 20 cms distance and pre-heat the part you are spraying .
You can also buy this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140745712018?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

1 - 9 of 9 Posts