Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't owned my 156 1.8 ts very long and have found it expensive on petrol, would a standard air filter be more economical rather than the k&n filter fitted, I am currently getting around 350 miles on a full tank, would appreciate some advice thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
I haven't owned my 156 1.8 ts very long and have found it expensive on petrol, would a standard air filter be more economical rather than the k&n filter fitted, I am currently getting around 350 miles on a full tank, would appreciate some advice thanks
That works out at 25 mpg approx...a bit heavy but depending on driving style/conditions not too excessive..
Is the thermostat working correctly? does it steady at 80-90 deg on the gauge on the road? Mine was faulty and i gained about 5-10 mpg when fixed

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good gracious, I'm getting more with my V6!

Start with all the basics - a good service, property inflated tyres, brakes not dragging, thermostat working properly.

If your thrashing it that wont help...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not thrashing it,can't afford to with the amount of fuel it uses which is a massive shame as I know the engine really wants to open up, it doesn't feel like the brakes are dragging, however the blower in the car can't decide if it wants to blow hot or cold, I don't know if that might be a cause?

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
thermostat

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
The cold weather won't help. I used to get around 30 and 35 on a run from my 1.8 SW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts