Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'd like to thank you all for the useful threads I have read on here about audio upgrades :) I'd like to add my experience for the help of anyone else.

after much deliberation over what would work (it's a minefield!) I went with the Connects2 CTAARBT001.

plugged straight into the back of the head unit. ran the wire through the back into the dead space where the glovebox USB connector is, and located the box there. I will add a properly fitted AUX socket and second USB plug to the back of the glovebox once I get the connectors.

The unit powered up straight away, I selected "CD" and it went straight to the multi-changer.
The Bluetooth connected to my phone as it should, I had to manually select "Blue&me" for calls and "connects2" for audio.

After this, it works pretty flawlessly. I can use the steering wheel or head unit buttons to skip tracks both in my phone's media player and Spotify. It pauses/unpauses the sound for calls etc just fine.

The one strange thing is that is IS trying to emulate the CD changer function. So if you start a song in the middle of the track, the head unit thinks it's the start and displays the time played from 00:00.

Sound quality is absolutely perfect - as good as it will get with the standard setup. At higher volumes, when no music is being played, there is a slightly noticeable hiss, this is only with the engine switched off.

Overall, if you are wondering if the unit is worth the £90+ price tag, then I'd say yes it is :) simple, uncomplicated, high quality sound, whilst retaining the stock head unit look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, yes.

Car details - 2009 "09" 159 Ti with 939 headunit, and Blue&me.

Another thing I noticed was that once I connected to both Bluetooth systems at once, the music would not unpause properly until I restarted the phone and turned the car off and on. From then on, it was perfect.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great news, sorry another question do you have the Blaupunkt?

I read the later ones like yours are different to the 2007 ones, any idea if this is true?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Great news, sorry another question do you have the Blaupunkt?

I read the later ones like yours are different to the 2007 ones, any idea if this is true?
if you pull it out and it says "939" at the end or start of one of the part numbers on the side... i cant remember who made mine.

I was going to get an Android HU by Alpine or Pioneer or something for megabucks, but the thing that stopped me was i CBA to buy a load of different harnesses and fanny on with it to make it work like standard! And I'm loathe to pay someone to do it too.
I mean, you have to:
move B&M unit with special harness
Install HU
Install steering buttons harness
Install new microphone, or chop up old setup to get it to work

I figured the one advantage would be google maps on a big screen, but I've manged til now without. Last two cars (BMW e60 and Jaguar XF) had built in maps and they were rubbish,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I just bought that same unit to my alfa romeo gt 2006 with bose hifi system. I just wanted to know that is the sound quality on your box the same as if listening in tuner or cd? I mean with mine if i play music through my phone the bose subwoofer almost goes silent... With tuner and cd playing subwoofer goes boom but when listening with connects2 it almost like disappears? Do you have same kind of experiences or do your system sound as good as it should be?

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts