Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a set of those stainless bolt sets for the engine they are willing to sell?
I tried contacting the company that put them together for the group buy but got no response

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
They should be able to put a set together, but as the M7 bolts won't be discounted a single set will be more expensive than before, I would think you are looking at in the region of £45:00. If required I can contact them on your behalf, they may respond to me as I did pay for them!

Rob

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob, yes if you wouldn't mind contacting them that would be great. I expected the price to be higher than the group buy so that's not really an issue. Maybe they just didn't want the hassle for 1 set?

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
And they are safe to use with aluminium? Or do you need to put some sort of grease one the thread to prevent reaction/bonding between the two materials?

Which thread length is needed?
I was joking as the above sets where 40 quid all in ... including the M7 x 1.0 @ 40 mm bolts for the rocker covers..

yes they react the same as the stainless items but no more or less than the original steel. a little copper grease will stop the reaction..

I have three original steel water pump bolts i cant remove where they got wet have have welded to the block... will drill them out reweld the holes and cut new threads.

Used stainless bolts in alloy for 12 years without issue using either thread lock or copper grease without issues

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I sent a message but have yet to receive a response, I'll give the guy a call Friday. Perhaps he's moved on.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi maxi, toxic, I only needed a few bolts/washers which I have identified and got hold of now thanks. No need to chase up on my part, tho much appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts