Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled upon the above today in sunny Dartmouth...one of the best British classics around..they also had a few dolomites and GT6's mingled in as well...ive owned a few dolomite sprints in the past but has anyone ever owned a stag ?...i would love to get one...:)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I should imagine the Stag is pretty rare and expensive these days. Haven't seen one for years. I remember the time when they had such a bad reputation, they could barely give 'em away ;).

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it had been built by anyone other than British Leyland it would have been a world beater. A British Merc SL and that V8 makes the most glorious noise.

There are still plenty around and the reliability issues have been resolved by assorted experts.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yeah, I heard that the engine problems were resolved later but a lot of people replaced the engines, so not sure how many originals are left. And the bodies rotted as badly as a 70s Lancia :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deputy head of my old school had one.

Classy car. :thumbs:

·
Registered
864 Posts
If it had been built by anyone other than British Leyland it would have been a world beater. A British Merc SL and that V8 makes the most glorious noise.

There are still plenty around and the reliability issues have been resolved by assorted experts.
Yup totally agree with all of that. :thumbs:
Not sure a Stag is really my kind of car but I still admire them and love the noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts