Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here owned or driven an ST170.

Im looking to replace my wifes Ka but dont want the possible additional expense or of running two Alfa's. They dont make good run arounds.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
48 Posts
helloooo. that was the choice of my missus but in the end got her a new ish fiesta. anyway, good cars , great lively drive , try and go for the recaro leather interior(higher resale). the engines are the disposable variety, so if service history not present , then dont bother. best of luck.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
very very nearly bought one instead of my 156. really good cars - pretty quick and handle extremely well but comfortable as well. i tried to get mrs al to get one last summer but she went for a cooking focus instead as she didn;t fancy the st170's bar bills - although they'd be less than my car's probably. i like the look of them as well - quite chunky with the big alloys but not too showy, a bit of a sleeper:cool:

oh yeah, find one with the recaros - they make the car feel that bit more special rather than just a focus with a bit of added wallop

·
Registered
38,272 Posts
I was considering getting one of these once they become a bit cheaper.

As above, the ride and hadling is excellent. They are fairly quick but not exceptionally so, but the handling makes up for that.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i had one before my 166 and loved it, the handling is fantastic, ok its not the quickest hot hatch but you can get 185bhp very easily and cheaply, bluefin will give you 10bhp and a mod to the air intake(part from the automatic) will give another 5bhp.

the seats are very comforable and supportive, and the half leather interior looks great, the in dash 6 cd changer and stereo is great.

also apart from the wheels you would never guess its a hot hatch so you dont get every 18 yr old in their mums fiesta trying to race you:rolleyes:

the liftoff oversteer is so much fun with these cars, very easy to go sideways round a roundabout under complete control, but only when you want to, the grip is spot on, chassis could easily handle 250bhp.

D

·
0 Posts
I'd get one to have a good time driving about in. I like them understated incomparison to the RS. And the blue is cool in them:D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I ran the TDCi equivalent for 12k miles back in 03. Belting car but let down by poor brakes & air fix interior. To common for me though.

·
Registered
356 Posts
yup, im a fan too..great chassis, superbly composed, very, almost innately, chuckable......like a grown up sportka!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts