Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I'd post this here too from the spider forum, cos its great stuff for squeely brakes

'I found some stuff much better than copper grease - its made by Bendix (brake manufacturer) especially to prevent brake squeel. a bottle was £5, so not cheap, but even with notoriously squeely ferrodo DS2500's it works!!

to mis qoute 'bloody magic'

Its called something like bendix brake squeel preventer, is light blue in colour, in a 250ml appx bottle. you apply it thinly to the back of the pads, and any other contact points, let it dry to clear colour, it forms a thin rubbery surface, and hey presto. And it really really works... stopped my front ds2500's squeeling, just the back pads to do now

I will never use copper slip again, this stuff is the daddy for brakes - I cannot recommend it enough

I think its quite new, but your auto store should be able to get it'

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Dupes said:
thought I'd post this here too from the spider forum, cos its great stuff for squeely brakes

'I found some stuff much better than copper grease - its made by Bendix (brake manufacturer) especially to prevent brake squeel. a bottle was £5, so not cheap, but even with notoriously squeely ferrodo DS2500's it works!!

to mis qoute 'bloody magic'

Its called something like bendix brake squeel preventer, is light blue in colour, in a 250ml appx bottle. you apply it thinly to the back of the pads, and any other contact points, let it dry to clear colour, it forms a thin rubbery surface, and hey presto. And it really really works... stopped my front ds2500's squeeling, just the back pads to do now

I will never use copper slip again, this stuff is the daddy for brakes - I cannot recommend it enough

I think its quite new, but your auto store should be able to get it'
Never knew anything like this existed :eek: All the buses in London could use it :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts