Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lovely 159 has developed a squeek (well more of a screech actually) from its front driverside wheel. Doesn't always do it, but when it does its loud enough for me to hear it, and seems to get worse when I turn right. Its not a contant squeeeeeeeeek, more of a squeek squeek squeek if you get my drift. I've noticed when I pull up after and get out I can smell a vague burning, hot smell, almost like a new hot exhaust.

Its booked in at the local steelers next week, but I just wondered if anybody might have any clues as to what I could expect. Whatever it is, I obviously want covered by the warranty. Not being totally clued up mechanically, I'd appreciate anyones thoughts so I can be prepared when I get the phone call.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a similar noise in mine, also not always there, it appears when I have driven for a while. I haven't noticed any smell. If I park there car in gear and push it back and forth the noise is heard. Let me know what you find out? It's driving me crazy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had similar issues and come to the conclusion through extensive research on this very forum that it's probably something to do with the front brakes. The pads, discs or both may need replacing, or there could be a stone or debris lodged between the pad and disc.

I believe there is also a safety feature that can cause the squealing as a way to tell you your pads are low.

Check out here -

How to stop your Alfa Brakes from Squealing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts