Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all when I am in 1st or 2 nd gear in my mito when I take my foot off the acceleration I get a squeaky noise sounds like it's coming from under the bonnet. Does
anyone no what this could be ???

·
Registered
378 Posts
cant say I have that noise, but when my car is just ticking over standstill and if i push on the accelerator is does make a screech sound coming from the engine. Just remember you have a 3 year warranty, you have a whole 3 years for it to get a lot worse. Thats what I keep telling my self.

Y

·
0 Posts
cant say I have that noise, but when my car is just ticking over standstill and if i push on the accelerator is does make a screech sound coming from the engine. Just remember you have a 3 year warranty, you have a whole 3 years for it to get a lot worse. Thats what I keep telling my self.
Mine was making this noise and ive only done 1800 miles, rang dealer today and they are changing the belt and drain pipes as it is a 'known problem'. They are changing it on Thursday so your screech sound might be something to do with this whole problem with the belts thats going around.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I will give them a ring, Its going in as my steering wheel is all lose! might mention it then as I want to get those drain pipes on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what do you think the cause could be as i say im sick of having to keep booking my car into the dealer, is their anything that i can to myself to stop this ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
so what do you think the cause could be as i say im sick of having to keep booking my car into the dealer, is their anything that i can to myself to stop this ?
same, i'm fed up to of booking my car in.. mine has been in 5 times!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just realised it does it when at slow speeds when foot isn't on accelerator must be brakes or suspension or even a loose part !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts