Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT's got a squeaky clutch pedal ... Does it just need a drop of WD40 in the right place or is this a sign of something else?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Mine suffered this. Squeeze yourself into the footwell and spray WD40 into, oh I've forgotten what it's called now, but on the left of the pedal you'll see it, pull down the rubber gaiter and spray til your hearts content, I did this in June, not a squeak since, sorry about the lack of precision in my description but the part name fails me.........................

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine has started to squeak as well, but seeming only in the cold before the car's warmed up.
I'll give the WD40 a go :)

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
The GT clutch squeak..

hi sir here are the keys to your new car. please read the owners manual in the glove box and kindly take a complimentary can of Wd40 on your way out as the factory built in clutch squeak can bug some customers..

I hate it but i learn t to live with it

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Mine squeaked a lot. WD40 always helped only for short time. It squeaked more in summer, or in winter when the hot air blew to my feet. Only cold mornings were OK. I took it to the dealer, he removed the clutch pedal assembly, cleaned everything, greased with something and put back. Since then, no problems (2 years).

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
ill zipp it.. lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
My 147 clutch pedal was squeaking. Took it in for a service at Alfatech and mentioned it to the guys there and they said to just WD40 it. Apparently a change of the master cylinder would also fix it but they said the queak would return.

Its just one of the things we have to put up with as Alfa owners by the sound of things! But what would you rather have - a squeaky clutch in a GT or a BMW etc without...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts