Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently noticed that my Bella has developed a slight high pitched squeal when cornering at low speed. More pronounced when turning left than right.

I've recently had the rear end Powerflexed, a new o/s front wishbone and new front discs and pads. Could it be down to any of these?

It's not so bad as to be really annoying, but it's enough to be slightly embarrassing ...

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Does the noise stop or change when braking ? Could be the new brakes just bedding in.

Sometimes this sort of noise can be caused by the shield on the brake discs being slightly out of position, worth a quick look, many reports on here about this giving similar problems.

As Powerflex bushes are not supposed to require lubrication I'm not sure about this suggestion from Spider. Of course it could be a problem with these but really am not sure that if it is down to this that lubrication would cure it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not under braking, just normal cornering at low-ish speeds (might be there at higher speeds too but getting drowned out by road noise).

It had new tyres at the same time as the front wishbone, so it's not that ...

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
It's not under braking, just normal cornering at low-ish speeds (might be there at higher speeds too but getting drowned out by road noise).

It had new tyres at the same time as the front wishbone, so it's not that ...
I'd definitely have a look at the brake disc shields.

Other than that I dunno.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi

It sounds brake related to me. And I think that powerflex bushes do need lubricating, but just the once when fitting........

Perhaps try touching (very lightly) the brakes while it is making the noise. It could be a brake pad "singing" as it is touched by the disc when cornering. If it stops then do the same thing with the handbrake to see if it is the back. If so then more copperslip is required (on the back of the pad!). Or the shields may need a bend as suggested (front or rear).

Berni

·
Registered
480 Posts
A friend (a mechanic) had horrible squeaking that he couldnt get rid of after powerflexing his car. Wasnt an alfa though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts