Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all my brakes have started squeaking only after a gentle press I've only 22k on the clock. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was also informed that the brakes have to be services every year here in Finland, even though the service intervals are every two years.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was also informed that the brakes have to be services every year here in Finland, even though the service intervals are every two years.
Thanks for the reply but the car was serviced when I bought it 6k ago at 16k

·
Registered
696 Posts
Same here with 26.5K on it. My garage advised that the front ones will need changing in 5/6K miles due to uneven wearing, something that Giulietta and MiTO are prone too

·
Registered
163 Posts
my local garage now disassembles and cleans my brakes as it's a known issue. I'm at 36.5k miles no warnings on wear as yet I just take it as one of those things really. The clean and re-assembly does almost kill the noise, its not nearly as bad as my MTB disc brakes!

·
Registered
33,202 Posts
It could be exacerbated by the use of light alloys and hollow sections to enhance the dynamics of the car. I occasionally get it but it goes away. It is not really a sign of an issue to me when it does make a noise.

·
Registered
508 Posts
my local garage now disassembles and cleans my brakes as it's a known issue. I'm at 36.5k miles no warnings on wear as yet I just take it as one of those things really. The clean and re-assembly does almost kill the noise, its not nearly as bad as my MTB disc brakes!
Who are you defining as your 'local' garage; I'm assuming an Alfa dealer but I didn't know there was one 'local' to Oxford??

BTW, I have Brembos, no squeaks or squeals except maybe immediately after a cold, wet start but that's no surprise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Who are you defining as your 'local' garage; I'm assuming an Alfa dealer but I didn't know there was one 'local' to Oxford??

BTW, I have Brembos, no squeaks or squeals except maybe immediately after a cold, wet start but that's no surprise.

My local is SGT in Taplow (Berks). Got a good deal servicing but they have lost their franchise (May) so no longer an Alfa dealer. Local is Motor Village, they're a good bunch replaced my cv gaiter last week. Off to see them thursday to fix my check engine light which just came on

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My G is on 35,000 miles and the brakes haven't squeaked at all during my two+ years of ownership. Then again, when I stop, I stop. Some drivers have lit brake lights for ever and ever before coming to a stop. No wonder the things become glazed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts