Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Give them an italian tune uo - hard braking from speed. Should solve it (for a while!).

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was also informed that the brakes have to be services every year here in Finland, even though the service intervals are every two years.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Has this just occurred since the rain came?
Has the car been parked up for a while?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Same here with 26.5K on it. My garage advised that the front ones will need changing in 5/6K miles due to uneven wearing, something that Giulietta and MiTO are prone too

·
Registered
163 Posts
my local garage now disassembles and cleans my brakes as it's a known issue. I'm at 36.5k miles no warnings on wear as yet I just take it as one of those things really. The clean and re-assembly does almost kill the noise, its not nearly as bad as my MTB disc brakes!

·
Registered
37,871 Posts
It could be exacerbated by the use of light alloys and hollow sections to enhance the dynamics of the car. I occasionally get it but it goes away. It is not really a sign of an issue to me when it does make a noise.

·
Registered
511 Posts
my local garage now disassembles and cleans my brakes as it's a known issue. I'm at 36.5k miles no warnings on wear as yet I just take it as one of those things really. The clean and re-assembly does almost kill the noise, its not nearly as bad as my MTB disc brakes!
Who are you defining as your 'local' garage; I'm assuming an Alfa dealer but I didn't know there was one 'local' to Oxford??

BTW, I have Brembos, no squeaks or squeals except maybe immediately after a cold, wet start but that's no surprise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Who are you defining as your 'local' garage; I'm assuming an Alfa dealer but I didn't know there was one 'local' to Oxford??

BTW, I have Brembos, no squeaks or squeals except maybe immediately after a cold, wet start but that's no surprise.

My local is SGT in Taplow (Berks). Got a good deal servicing but they have lost their franchise (May) so no longer an Alfa dealer. Local is Motor Village, they're a good bunch replaced my cv gaiter last week. Off to see them thursday to fix my check engine light which just came on

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
My G is on 35,000 miles and the brakes haven't squeaked at all during my two+ years of ownership. Then again, when I stop, I stop. Some drivers have lit brake lights for ever and ever before coming to a stop. No wonder the things become glazed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts