Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Just recently the front O/S suspension on my V6 has started to squeak a little on small road bumps (manhole covers, repaired road surfaces etc), however, on big bumps (speed humps etc) its fine!.This squeak can only be heard with the driver's window down, however its starting to annoy me :mad: .
I don't think its the usual wishbone problems, as these were replaced with original parts 8K miles ago. Could it be the anti-roll bar bushes??
Anybody had this before?

Thanks,
Mark.
:)

·
Banned
477 Posts
Hi Mark. I've got exactly the same- small squeak on rough repaired roads and slightly raised/low man hole covers etc. Its totally fine over speed humps though and you're right its only noticeable with the window down. I've come to accept it, plus winter's around the corner so I won't have my window open much. (But my MOT is also just round the corner too- in 15 days so I hope it's nothing major!)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heard of something similiar, suspension top mounts were greased and all was well.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys,
and thanks Wrinx!...another problem cured!. Removed the plastic caps from the suspension top mounts, sprayed in some bike chain lube, refitted them, and hey presto no more squeaking!! The mouse has gone!

Mark :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's good when people come back to say what finally fixed the problem. Quite often we're left wondering what the final solution was.

Ralf S.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Hi guys. Back from holiday, beloved 155 MOT'd yesterday failed on o/s wishbone ball joint :(
Got a price of £55 each (inc vat)+ fitting Decided I'm going to get both done. How does this price fair?
Don't know if this will fix the squeaking. Will find out on Tuesday. It's great to be back :rolleyes:
....and we had all our credit/switch cards money and digital camera nicked cos some little **** broke into our hire car and took them out of the glove box- they must have watched me put them in :mad: :mad: :mad:
Anyway thats another story.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back Alfastu,
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, still the same thing could have happened in Rochdale! :rolleyes: Regarding the wishbones 55 quid sounds about par for the course..however don't think it'll cure the squeak. Had my 155 jacked up at the front end to discover the squeaking was coming from the top of the struts, not the bottom.

Cheers
Mark :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys
Try EB Spares for the wishbones they cost me £38 + vat and £7 delivery and they had them in stock.
Sorry cant find the number
Regards Shug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts