Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My first post here. I have had my 2008 159 sw, 120hp diesel for about 3 months now.
I am loving the car, it looks beautiful and handles like it looks, always wanted an Alfa

There is only one thing annoying me, it has a sqeaking noise sometimes.
I'll try to explain with my bad english..
It appears when driving at low speed over bumps. But if I just roll over in neutral or have the clutch pressed in the noise is not there. It appears also if I stand still while pushing brakes, and at the same time let the clutch out a bit until it "grabs". if I rev the engine in neutral there is no sqeaking noise.

Do some of you have any suggestions?
My thoughts are engine-mounts?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction, now the noise is there all the time when driving over bumps and at pulling away. It's a short squeak, comes from the right front side, passenger side here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also there is one more thing that could cause squeaking from right side of the engine. Sound a bit like suspension but in reality it is something much more harmless.
If you open the hood and look to the left side (the right side from inside your car :) You can see the air intake hoses. The hose which goes to the turbocharger has a box like thing on it (a resonator). Wiggle the box, if it the culprit, you will hear the familiar squeaking noise as rubber slides over rubber. If movement of the resonator will cause squeaking you can spray some lubricant in the back, wiggle it again and the squeaking will be gone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the box beside engine. Sprayed on wd40 and all is well. Thanks for help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts