Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very dissapointed of the sound made by the new Eibach ARBs I've just fitted. The PU bushes and the bars have been greased with the white grease from Eibach that came together with the ARB KIT.

They squeak all the way, especially at the slightest movement of the chassis, so they do it on any road. By the way only the front bar is squeaking. The rear is silent.

Any way of shutting it up?

thanks

C

·
0 Posts
With poly bushes they can squeak, but as OA, says it could also be your upper arms.

Try blasting both with a medium weight lubricant in an aerosol form.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I'm quite sure its the ARB. All that was done to the car was new ARBs, drop links, lower arms, brake pads. The upper arms havent been touched, and it started squeaking shortly (20 minutes) after I took it from the mechanic. Brand new sound that wasnt there before servicing.
And I've heard squeaking upper arms in my Alfas before and its different, also the upper arms squeak at noticeable suspension movement, while mine squeaks at the slightest movement.

Chris could you point me a "medium weight lubricant in aerosol form"? I don't know what that is..... WD40?
And can I just spray it without taking the bushes out?

Try blasting both with a medium weight lubricant in an aerosol form.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If ARBs don't normally squeak, then probably I have been given a shirty grease together with the bars. It was a white grease, in small quantity, plenty thou to grease all 4 bushes. So it was silent for the first half hour, probably until it was thrown out completly.

Definitely the arb? they don't normally squeak? Sure its not your top arms?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
white grease tends to imply its a lithium grease.
i wouldn't use WD40 on them as it is a very wet grease and it will attract all sorts of dust an crap that will get into the bush and make it worse.
i think the best stuff would be to use a silicone lubricant or PTFE (maybe GT85) lubricant as people have already mentioned

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am very dissapointed of the sound made by the new Eibach ARBs I've just fitted. The PU bushes and the bars have been greased with the white grease from Eibach that came together with the ARB KIT.

They squeak all the way, especially at the slightest movement of the chassis, so they do it on any road. By the way only the front bar is squeaking. The rear is silent.

Any way of shutting it up?

thanks
Where did you find Eibach ARB? I require some.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
white grease tends to imply its a lithium grease.
i wouldn't use WD40 on them as it is a very wet grease and it will attract all sorts of dust an crap that will get into the bush and make it worse.
i think the best stuff would be to use a silicone lubricant or PTFE (maybe GT85) lubricant as people have already mentioned
Ok, I will look into that. Hopefully I can just loosen the screws and force some lubricat between the bar and the bushes on the front side, without taking the dam bar out again.
thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had all front arms replaiced so didnt make any noises, until i installed my Eibach ARB it started making sounds as you describe.. The drive is much better tough and i always play my music loud so i dont bother the squeking

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I don't think they should make any noise or cause anything else to make a noise if installed properly. I have had mine fitted for 2 years and have been quiet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
do you have PU bushes or rubber ones? Ive got them with PU and heard that because their much harder it happens that they make sound..? Its only in corners and unsmooth surfaces that you really hear them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:thumbs:

I had all front arms replaiced so didnt make any noises, until i installed my Eibach ARB it started making sounds as you describe.. The drive is much better tough and i always play my music loud so i dont bother the squeking

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I've used the white grease supplied together with the ARBs, and judging by the result probably the worst thing in the world. The car is now in the garage as I type, and I have bought SILICONE SPRAY from CRC to fix it.

Has anyone used it - Silicone spray CRC ?

Info: silicone spray

1 - 19 of 19 Posts