Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a slight chirping/squeak for the past few days so got hold of what I thought was the culprit, the top auxiliary idler...it had a little bit of movement so dead easy thought I :rolleyes:

Took the old one of and it had about the same amount of movement...mmm:cry:

Bottom pulley has a bit of play, uhoh...wheel off, inner mud protection off and OMG!!!!

Time to get the V6 out until I order another....any guesses how much this will cost?

wrinx

Attachments

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just checked the Parts CD, £5 less than I thought it would be....obviously owned Alfas for too long :(

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, JTD not in the garage and V6 on the drive....pulley will be about £95!!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Forgive my ignorance - but what's the problem :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm persuming the bottom pulley's gone. £160 for the bottom pulley for a Peugeot HDI with the rubber centre, so I think £95 ain't bad, if thats for the bottom pulley

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Check out the picture again and look at the crack running around the pulley centre! :eek:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Ahh yes, I wonder how that happened :eek:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm persuming the bottom pulley's gone. £160 for the bottom pulley for a Peugeot HDI with the rubber centre, so I think £95 ain't bad, if thats for the bottom pulley
Ouch! I'll stop chinning now :D

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, the only sign was a little bit of a rattle about three days ago, glad I didn't leave it longer now!

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here ya go.....

Seems there's been a redesign and they've simplified the wheel.

To be fair, I tried to pull the old one apart and it wasn't having any of it! Not quite as dangerous as I'd first thought :D

wrinx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts