Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I've had my Clover a week now and loving it she got a good 350 mile run out this weekend and performed well, especially when I got the take her on some country roads with just my little bro next to me.

I've noticed going over speed bumps there is a squeak / creak from the front, I'm guessing it would be the suspension.

Any thoughts? It doesn't do it any other time, just the big speed bumps

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi there, if the noise you're experiencing is anything like my 147 then it's probably upper wishbone bushes. Sounds like it's coming from behind the dash. Must get mine done....:lol:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
+1 on the upper wishbones.
Open the bonnet and grab the slam panel, lift up and down. If the noise can be heard, its the wishbone on whatever side you can hear it coming from.
Better to replace both though :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
It can be anything. Upper, ARB, lower. ARB can be easily be mistaken with upper wish. I made that mistake.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Just had my upper wishbones replaced. Removed the creak/squeak you describe and the car feels so much better to drive, much more precise. If you have them replaced ensure they are genuine parts, not cheap pattern items. The genuine article is apparently good for 40-50K miles. My car was on the originals at 47K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts