Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Squadra in my 145 QV - Motronic .3.

Its the engine out of my old 155 which was running Motronic .4. The only difference between the engines is the 155 didn't have an EGR valve on it and I left it off when I reinstalled it in the 145. Not sure if this is related to my problem though.

Since fitting the chip I've noticed the engine hunts on a light throttle at 2400 - 2500 rpm. Feels like there's a hole in the fuel map.

Anyone come across this?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is Stephans answer? He should know if anyone. You did no take the old motronic to the 145? I mean are you running a .4 chip in a .3 box? Had the EGR removed in my Q4 and didn't notice any change in the engine behaviour.

How has the chip worked normally? Just got a 2.0 16V 155 and been thinking of a chip from Squadra, greatfull of any info of chips for this car in general. Anyone dynoed the car before and after?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason77 dyno'd his 2.0litre 16v before and after.
Before 151bhp
Squadra'd 155bhp

So he made 4bhp........woopdeedoo :rolleyes:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But the squadra chip improves the torque of the engine, particulary low down and smooths the rev range.... Peak BHP isnt really what you want on the road

My car hunts slightly with the squadra in, its also pinking a bit too... maybe you should ask the guys at squadra themselves Chris..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 8v did the same with the Squadra. I didn't notice too much extra low down, although it was smoother, the car had a mad rush at the top end, so I always kept it there.
The Autodelta chip I found was a better all-rounder.

That's the chip I had when the car reached 140+bhp (129bhp standard).

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Marlon, were both the test runs on Jason77's car made on the same day?
You also reckon the Autodelta chip? was better. Did you run both chips on 95RON and Optimax?
Anyone else have a chip comparison especially for the 1.8 16V- yes I know I should have just bought a 2.0 16v. :mad:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ally: I will buy a squadra chip when I get my car, and I will dyno it on the same day at the same time, only changing the chip between the runs. Shouldn't leave place for discussion.

Will the car give it's max right after I change the chip or should it be run x km?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ally, Jasons runs were done on the same day I think, I'll have to check though.

I run the Autodelta on 95Ron and the Squadra on Optimax. The car was better to drive with the Autodelta. The Squadra seemed to have nothing below about 4500rpm, although smoother than standard, I felt the standard chip pulled better in low revs while becoming breathless at the top end.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my 1.8 16 V with the squadra was far better from 2000rpm, just more torque all the way, and when you change gear it always droped back into more power again, so it was much improved. Without optimax its a nightmare tho, below 3500 revs it holds back wont run clean etc

Car goes nuts above 6000

Chris.... Beast is still dead, absolutly nothing done... thinking of giving up more than ever, Got fisrt option on an extremely cheap 155, to good to miss in fact, even as a cheap run around so might bin the V6 off and have 2 redish 1.8's for a bit

·
Registered
564 Posts
The only problem I can see from running the tests back to back with different chips is that the first couple of days after I fitted my Autodelta chip the performance difference was negligible but after I had put a few miles on the car it seems to be alot more responsive. :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You sure you havent got a fuel pressure problem chris ? a hole in the fuel map sounds like no petrol to me, unlikely to be the motronic unit allowing that = fuel pump or regulator

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Glad that's cleared that up :confused: :rant:
Seems the only accurate way might be to take lots of reading on various days and use an average! :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts