Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was looking into getting a Squdra chip for my GTV 2lt (P1) but their site is all in Dutch with a note about English coming soon.

So, how do I get hold of one? Anybody in the U.K. market these chips or do they have to come from Holland, or any used ones out there for sale???

Many thanks,
PJ

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
let provide the chip at home and himself by means of the associated deduction from public service pension to allow for simultaneous payment of $AOW guide to assemble.
:lol: good old translation tools...

I am curious... does installing this chip allow the ECU to be live-remapped on a rolling road? I wonder if the Squadra chip can cope with forced induction.

·
Registered
37,768 Posts
Be careful with thje Squadra chips as there are 2 versions of the ECU fitted to P1 GTV's and unless you get the right chip they won't work.

One ECU is an M2.10.3, the later cars use M2.10.4 IIRC

The crossover was early 1997 I believe.

The Squadra chip does make a noticeable difference though, or at least it did on my first 145 Cloverleaf.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dear All,

Thanks for the translation and useful info on ECU changes.
I will sus out what ECU I have before going further, also, is there any other chip that is worth a look bearing in mind I am based in London and cannot get up to Gus at Alfatune.

Ta,
PJ

M

·
0 Posts
Autodelta chips are also good. Used bothe Autodelta and Squadra in the past.

·
Registered
37,768 Posts
One chip I also tried was a Titan chip.

It claimed 10bhp gain, but I couldn't tell any difference with it fitted.

So avoid Titan chips..

The 14bhp gain with a squadra chip feels more than 14bhp, and gives the car a harder edge on acceleration if that makes sense.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Dear All,

I will sus out what ECU I have before going further, also, is there any other chip that is worth a look bearing in mind I am based in London and cannot get up to Gus at Alfatune.

Ta,
PJ
Lucky for me i live near Gus @ Alfatune, i know people post him their ecu's and he does work on them, may be worth a phone call, he chipped my ph1, it previously had a 'superchip' his does make a difference.........:thumbs:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I luv you guy`s, all good info and insight into the good `n` bad of these things.

Keep it coming,
PJ

·
Registered
175 Posts
Im toying with the idea now,a bit more info on only 20mins to fit would be good,i take it that you pop a chip out a put this one in or is there more to it?
Do you have to disconnect battery whilst doing it.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Dear All,

Ta,
PJ
We can always send you one:)And if you give us a call will help you identify the right one for your ecu.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Gus,

Thanks for the offer, will give you a bell soon, however Autodelta are nor a million miles away and some here rate their chip as well. What do you think? and are they all plug n play or will I need more done. Car is standard apart from CDA carbon air box and filter and Autodelta rear box on the zorst.

PJ

·
Registered
37,768 Posts
Im toying with the idea now,a bit more info on only 20mins to fit would be good,i take it that you pop a chip out a put this one in or is there more to it?
Do you have to disconnect battery whilst doing it.
Disconnecting the battery is a good idea, but I have done them without.

Locate the ECU, Undo the 4 bolts that hold it into the car.

Undo the connector.

Take it indoors, then bend the tabs that hold the cover on.

Locate the chip, and prise it out of its socket gently. There is a cutout on one corner IIRC.

Push the new chip in, put the cover back on the refit it to the car.

Job done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
update chip

Bit the bullet and bought a chip,tryed the chap on ebay but had no responce so found a fella through other means who is a chip guru in the cechz republic,recieved it yesterday will fit it in the next week or so and will let you all know the outcome,
loverly tuned gtv or a frazzeld ecu

1 - 20 of 33 Posts