Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey - Now available on Ebay, are replacement Square 166 two button key fob cases. I bought a couple, and have built my gubbins into the new case. I've attached a picture. Looks like new, and works perfectly. You do have to use the new key release button and spring that come with the new case, but you can use your old key blade, so there's no need to get a new one cut. I also has to resuse the battery cover, as the new one did not have the metal terminal on the underside! I could've possibly managed to get it to move over too but didn't want to break it so... Looks good eh? There's one screw under the badge on the other side, then pull it apart, swap the circuit board and transponder, (glue/stick it in the new case) and the key bit, then put it back together. The spring for the flippy key is a bit of a faff, but you only have to put one turn on it. I used small bit of sticky pad to put badge back on the other side over the screw.

The transponder is a little black thing that looks like a bit of pencil lead.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Nice one septic butt ewe furcoat to mention price choice of colours Lacey is Maroon/Claret but hey ho Black is mair modern...Off to surch ebay LOL Hope I fun it.:rofl:
PS NB Did the wifes Vectra key in a similar fashion.didnae ken ee cood get Alfie wans.Butt eye do noo.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
How did you remove the transponder? Mine looks very thouroughly glued. :headache:
So was mine .I didn't want to risk damaging it with all that that would entail so I left it in situ and used new front and old back.

Alternatively you could carefully Stanley or hacksaw the casing off and transfer the responder over.

Pomeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts