Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easiest install Iv done....( Cant remember having to bend clips on ecu casing when I did the 8V though ??? ....mind Im messing with so many cars I loose track !!)
One of the smallest Torx's was a bas...td to get out though ....even though it probably didn't need to come out ???
All in all a 20 minute Job...
Fired up went round the block to try it out ......Alls ok !!!
going on a 150 mile round trip up North now so I'll post the verdict tonight....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it seems to have sanitised the whole experience of driving an early V6. It actually responds more like a more modern V6 like in the last of the 164's or the 156's......Its lost its raucus edge ??....Whether I like this or not I'll tell you later...

Driving along the A41 in the usual line of trucks and vans at around 40 to 50 it stayed very comfortably in 5th without the engine hinting it wants a change down at any time.......Much Much Better !!!!!!! ( Im a very lazy driver most of the time)

When the opportunity arose( very little on the A41 !! ) the car seemed much more urgent and responsive when changing down to 3rd or 4th to overtake andat one time leaving a Volvo estate ( that was driving up my arse ) .......For Dead !!!.....I droped down from 5th to 3rd at about 50mph and a looked back to see him hunderds of yards behind me..... Ha !!

On the Motorway at 60- 70 it pulled away very much more briskly than usual as if I was in 4th ..............Then I realised I WAS IN 4TH !!!...........After that I noticed that it was infact much more sutied to popping out into a gap in the fast traffic than it was before and the response in 5th at between 3-4000rpm was superb ....

As for pulling away from a standstill I didn't really notice much because I usually boot it in 1st and second anyway........

The best thing about the whole change over was the feeling that the car had just had its engine overhauled or a seriously expensive service .......That was the overall feeling !!

And ultimately the fuel consumption was quite noticeably better than before ....maybe this was due to the much smoother driving style I had adopted ( most of the time !! ) ???

One thing that has become apparent is the difrence between skinnys suspension compared to the widebodys.......So I guess a bit of work in this dept may be round the coener next ???

Finally I just want to say thanks for the superb service at AlfaShop ( the one on this website !!) I only ordered this on Friday night and Im enjoying it on Tuesday morning !!!

Cheers All....

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Have you tried it with a tank full of Optimax or similar ????

When i put mine in it felt a lot better and then i filled with Optimax and

I havent stopped grinning

Btw regaring the suspension i would reccomend Powerflex wishbone bushes they do to steering and brakes what the Squadra did to the engine

·
Registered
130 Posts
I feel like squadraing my wide V6, but there are only about two petrol stations that sell super unleaded. Is it necessary to run super as the web site suggests 97/98RON, after installing the chip, have you run it on unleaded?

Interesting that you say that the consumption has gone down, bonus!

Dom

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Dont you mean the consumption has gone up?

When i first installed the chip it made a noticeable difference to the power and accelelaration and i was running unleaded but then i filled with Optimax and it was better

Btw you dont have to run on Optimax but you do feel the difference when you do

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only ever use Super Unleaded anyway....
I dropped some Parafin in also last night and I v just done a run to the Devon Borders and back and it was just stunning.......I find the Mpg much better also ...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'v put the V6 on ebay if anyones interested.
typically its "Number 11 Bus" Syndrome with 155's on ebay .......wait for ages then 4 turn up at the same time ....
Low reserve on my Squadrad one though and a new MOT....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts