Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a brand new chip from squadra chip. i got it for my car at the end of august last year never had chance to use it as the car gave up the ghost on me before hand, i know its almost feb now but i wanted to fix it (even though i really new it wasn't worth it) and couldn't bring my self to move her on. so if your interested in the chip let me know cheers

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
It definitely won't work with an 8v even if it fits physically in the ecu.

When I had my chip made, the tuner had tyo start from scratch never having made one for a 155 8v before. He had some for 16v engines and compared the maps, but they are totally different as are the engines.

·
Registered
38,245 Posts
It will most probably be the version for M2.10.3 motronic, though it should say on the box. This is for the early 16 valve TS.
It should fit GTV's Spiders, and 145/6 up to around 1997.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the 16v ts engine will probably be exstinct by the time this site loads up.lol
its got on the box alfa 155 1.8 16v ts bosch motronic m2. 10. 40. 261. 204. 168 if that helps any body lol

cheers matt

·
Registered
38,245 Posts
Matt how much do you wish to sell for? It will fit my car.

B

·
0 Posts
;) Good luck with the chip.....but

A chip for a 1.8 will not work in Symonh2000's 145 Cloverleaf which is a 2.0

:( I asked about this as I would have liked to have taken the Squadra from my 155 1.8 16v and put it in my GTV but on checking with Stefan at Squadra was told it was not compatible.

·
Registered
38,245 Posts
It will work on my 2.0 as I checked the code. :)

There are 2 types of ECU fitted to the 155 and 145 16 Valve a M2.10.3 and M2.10.4 It may have been the ECU you had was a different version. I think the changeover was early 1997.

Simon.

B

·
0 Posts
symonh2000 said:
It will work on my 2.0 as I checked the code. :)

Simon.
:confused: Good luck with it and I hope you are right.....
:( I thought the same as the chip numbers for the 1.8 and 2.0 are identical for each given type of ECU.......I e-mailed Squadra to double check and they replied that though the code was the same there were differences in the maps or whatever for the 1.8 and 2.0 chips they send out!

:rolleyes: I ended up selling my chip to some unfortunate soul on here,who fried his ECU when he fitted it to his 155........

·
Registered
835 Posts
well I've got a 2.0 chip fitted to a 1.8 ecu, along with a 2.0 engine now but it is still a 1.8 ecu, incidentally the standard 1.8 set-up ran the 2.0 engine very well :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts