Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past year and a half I have been restoration a 1988 Sprint Cloverleaf 1.7. I started stripping the car down in October 2008. The Sprint went away in March 2009 to have the rusty bodywork done and resprayed. It came back to me in July 2009 and since then I have been rebuilding it. With it being under a carport it got very dirty and need a much needed wash. Its booked in next week with a local garage to give it a pre-MOT check and hopefully have it back on the road for 1st May.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice to see it with all the dirt off mark, you've done a cracking job there mate :cool: well done :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Work of art and very :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys:cool:

Very nice car. You should be very proud.

One thing, do you think the car is sat a bit high? The gap at wheel arches to tyres specifically, or is it just me?
They are only 14" wheels, so thats probably the reason why it looks to be sitting high. You should of seen how high it was sitting at the front without the engine and box in:lol:

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
no mate, thats the propper suspension hight for this specific model. It is a bit higher than later sprints but he can always change the springs on a later stage.
This car has higher but stiffer springs for better handling. If you put S3 33's springs on it, it will be lower but wiggle about on corners :rolleyes:

Leave it as it is Mark, it looks great ;)

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Congratulations. Its such a beauty. It must be a pleasure to drive it.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looking spot on mark, glad to hear the mot went well :cool:

not many people at the camp car park today then

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
looking spot on mark, glad to hear the mot went well :cool:

not many people at the camp car park today then
It was fairly quiet today. There was only one car when we got there, then two more turned up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts