Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What make of tyres do people put on their Sud Ti and Sprints?

I have been advised to make sure mine has good quality tyres on it - what were the originals? What do people run now?

Has anyone had any markedly different experiences with different makes of tyre?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have Dunlop Direzza directional tyres on my 33 and they're good. I often get into company vehicles expecting the same level of grip and don't quite find it. The standard suspension is a bit too comedy-biased though. On the street you look as though you're going really fast because you roll around so much and there's lots of acceleration squat, and on the track the shoulders of the front tyres wear too much.

Apparently the Sud/Sprint/33 will tramline (steer itself in response to imperfections in the road) a lot if you fit extreme wheel/tyre packages (i.e. large diameter rims and wide, low-profile tyres).

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Mostro: i had Yoko`s on my last one great in the dry not so good wet.
i prefer pirrelli`s on older alfas tho they arent cheap.

Ben : almost all cars do that tramlining with low profile tyres, my 155 does it, as did Uno T`s, R5`s, rs2000`s, tipo`s in fact everything i ever altered the tyres on :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am using Bridgestone Potenza G3 tyres 185/60 x14 on my Sprint- really great in wet and dry - wearing really well too. These are a directional tyre. Not sure if these are available in Europe though. My Sprint tramlines too but I always though this was due to the excessive camber my car has.

Cheers
tassie tony

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So Dunlop or Yoko or Bridgestone or Toyo then.....? :rolleyes: :confused:

Keep 'em coming - current owners, let's see if there's a concensus.

BTW I'm looking at the standard size setup, not big rims. Mine came with Goodyear Eagles, but until I sort out my suspension/tracking maladies, I don't know how they handle just yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts