Alfa Romeo Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1124 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #941
Thats the thing, I do know roughly what I have spent on it but then again I don't drink, smoke, don't have a partner, still live at home with my Mum and Dad and about the only time I go out is when we have a meet:lol: Buying the Sprint is one of the best things I have ever done!:D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #945
Well done Mark. Its really coming along now.
Alright Gav:thumbs: Haven't seen you for a while!

what a great thread :) outstanding work mark!!!

shes a beauty!!
Thanks Sudboy:thumbs:

A little bit more done this weekend but not much.

Got the front grille put on yesterday afternoon which makes it look more complete:cool:

About a year before I bought the Sprint I picked up a new badge from an autojumble which has actually come in handy as the original badge was starting to fade.

I woke up this morning with a bit of a sore throat and a bit of a headache so I can kind of guess where this is going:tut: so I didn't feel like doing anything but I did manage to get the front bumper back on this afternoon.

I do have a problem though. I can't seem to get the righthand dip beam to work. We checked the fuses and found that the fuse for it had blown, so replaced that and it still won't work. Took the bulb out and tested it and it works fine. There doesn't seem any power going to the lamp. Any thoughts anyone?

Plus as well, the front fog lights don't work. Any thoughts on this too?

·
Registered
870 Posts
sprint looks fantastic mate....

as for non working electrics, have you def got the right wires in the right place, if so make sure the earth wires are connected ok and if so then you need to go " upstream " to see if any wires are broken ,,.. unless the bulbs blown of course ... lol

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
check your relays on the fuse box mark. If those are ok, check your regulator for the lights if you have one. Sounds like a faulty relay switch.

Car looks fantastic ! ;)

When is crank time ?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #950
sprint looks fantastic mate....

as for non working electrics, have you def got the right wires in the right place, if so make sure the earth wires are connected ok and if so then you need to go " upstream " to see if any wires are broken ,,.. unless the bulbs blown of course ... lol
Hi Kam. The bulb in the headlight works fine as I've had it out and tried it. All the rest work ok so my guess is a wiring fault.

I always look at the (dis)connectors first.... often a source of trouble..
She's looking good Mark :cool:

[Get well soon :)]
Thanks GJ. My cold wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Hopefully it will be the connectors at fault as that will be an easy fix.

check your relays on the fuse box mark. If those are ok, check your regulator for the lights if you have one. Sounds like a faulty relay switch.

Car looks fantastic ! ;)

When is crank time ?
Hi Chris. I want to get all the electrics working first before I try to start it up. I might need to get to the electrics in the front panel if the connectors aren't at fault. I did remove all of the relays as I struggled to get the wiper motor back in so maybe the front foglight one hasn't gone back in properly.

Car looks great although i think you should have painted also the bumper for better results. As for the light , check connection and plenty of wd40.
Hi Greek. I normally use some back to black on the bumpers but I haven't put any on the front bumper yet so thats why it looks a bit faded.

·
Registered
870 Posts
keep up the good work mate, that sprint looks better and better each time i look at it,.. i wish i could get my sud that original !

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #952 (Edited)
Got the fuel tank back today from being painted, so providing I can get the electrics sorted over the weekend it shouldn't be too far away from striking her up.

Before

After

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #958
tank looks great mark, where did you get that done?
It was done by my old workplace, Craven and Nicholas near Boston dock. It hasn't been powdercoated, just primed and painted.

Got all the electrics sorted so now I can concentrate on getting it running:cool:
Had a bit of a tidy up in my shed this morning and found the air intake part that bolts onto the front panel. That should of gone on before the front grille was fitted:rolleyes: So instead of taking off the bumper and grille and undoing all of last weekends work I managed to push the guard part of the intake through one of the horizontal gaps in the grille and get two nuts on. One nut which fastens on behind the passenger main bam lamp I couldn't get to but it should hold on fine with two:cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #959
Bit more done. Got the fuel filler pipe back in place and the speedo cable reconnected. Refitting the cable clip was a bit fiddly but it feels like its fully in place so fitted the speedo head.

And while there was a break in the weather I thought I'd bring the Sprint out from its hole:D

I haven't put the sideskirts on yet as I need to make up some clips as the original ones are worn and pop straight back out of the holes.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Bit more done. Got the fuel filler pipe back in place and the speedo cable reconnected. Refitting the cable clip was a bit fiddly but it feels like its fully in place so fitted the speedo head.

I haven't put the sideskirts on yet as I need to make up some clips as the original ones are worn and pop straight back out of the holes.
It's a car ! And it's looking great. :thumbs:

Better not go far in the rain just yet though Mark, you seem to have a couple of essential items missing ! :D

You must be getting just a bit excited by now. :cool:

941 - 960 of 1124 Posts