Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys, now that Mrs is up the duff and she wants to get married I am going to have to sell the sprint I think. Can anyone give me a rough idea what I should be asking for her? She is a 1989 1.7 Veloce Cloverleaf on the log book. Engine and gearbox are fine and she is structurally solid. Interior is to be poor to be frank but I have started re-upholstering. Should just need the seats done to finish. Bodywork has a few little patches of surface rust but should all be finished before sale.....oh and she has a full Zender body Kit......so anyone got any idea what she is worth? Some pics here http://www.mansellracing.co.uk/alfa-romeo-projects.html

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey nice sprint !

Would love to own that next to my red 1989 1.7 33 cloverleaf!!

WIsh I had the money... is it mot'd/ taxed?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not at the mo but tbh I would probably get a full years MOT on it before its sold, just for my own peace of mind, wouldnt want to sell something to someone without knowing its roadworthy

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont panic, dont panic...its all ok, just had a credit card i applied for months ago turn up with a 2.5k limit so no need to sell....where is the cheering smilie :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just out of interest though, does anyone have any idea what she would be worth anyway? Nice to know as i will soon be insuring for on the road and they will want a value

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not sure myself but if you ever do sell in the future - make sure you pm me first as I will snap her straight off you !

Cheers

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok mate, would you want her perfectly finished? or would you want to do some work yourself? Just had a think about this realistically, and with the SW, transit and my racing on weekends as well as the wedding and baby coming up, I dont know if I will be able to give her the attention she really deserves. And we cant have that now can we. Only time will tell really

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi Rafe
As a Very rough guide (IMHO:) )it would seem that a rusty but complete Sprint varies from £200 - 350 No MoT:rolleyes:
With MoT £500 - 700 :)
Good Condition Tax and MoT £ 1500:cool:
Very Good No rust visible!? £ 2000:eek:
BUT, as ever, it will only get what somebody else wants to pay for it and if two people want it then the price rises.....

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Rafe
As a Very rough guide (IMHO:) )it would seem that a rusty but complete Sprint varies from £200 - 350 No MoT:rolleyes:
With MoT £500 - 700 :)
Good Condition Tax and MoT £ 1500:cool:
Very Good No rust visible!? £ 2000:eek:
BUT, as ever, it will only get what somebody else wants to pay for it and if two people want it then the price rises.....
Hmmm sounds interesting, i'm a few hours away from no rust showing at all, as i said only a few bits of surface rust but all treated not, just needs painting. The main problem with mine is the interior. The seats really are not in the best condition, it had that herringbone black and white/cream material and it hasnt fared well. You can see from the pics its nice externally, well I think it is anyway :lol:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'd prefer it to be complete as I don't have the space to do any of the work myself - looking at those price guides what would you be prepared to sell at?

I wouldn't be looking to buy immediately

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure to be honest. I'll get it all done and then post some decent pics all round the car. That way we should be able to get a decent valuation :thumbs:

Dont want to overcharge but also dont want to let her go for silly money :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Looks good Rafe :) and congrats on getting the g/f pregnant ;)
Life as you one knew it is now OVER... :lol: :lol:
Good luck with the car, and Baby :D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good Rafe :) and congrats on getting the g/f pregnant ;)
Life as you one knew it is now OVER... :lol: :lol:
Good luck with the car, and Baby :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts