Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Never ending job these rolling restorations. Just in the final throws of replacing the NS sills, bothe rear wheel arches and the front NS floor pan.

The work has developed somewhat from my original intentions, cost three times as much and taken four times as long.... so far!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were pleased at how little rust there is - but that doesn't seem to affect the cost of the restoration any! Just a section of floor and a front wing bottom corner.

Be good to get those white GT's together some day!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not really sure of the paint names, but I've seen a few shades ranging from ivory to pure white and almost everything in between.

I sent my chassis number off to AR, but because it was assembled in South Africa the details were a bit sketchy.

There is a guy rallying an early GT (1964) and his is a slighly lighter shade of ivory than mine. I can't imagine it is still wearing it's original paint, it would be interesting to know what the original colours were for 64-65.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We found this page (via AlfaBB) ALFA ROMEO PAINT CODES

And took the line:
AR005 GARDENIA WHITE 8382 * * 1963-68, 1973

To be as close an authority as we would get!

Interestingly I also found a reference to a S African 1961 Giuietta in that AR005 colour:

Sprinting About - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Can't find the link now, but I did read that Gardenia white had more blue/black in it and was less 'yellow' than some whites...

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Great job. Good luck with it and thanks for adding coals to the fire of my guilt! Not touched mine for about 12 weeks :eek:

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Looks like it's going to be great when it's finished.
I wish I had all that space!, in fact I wish i had bought that car.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looking great so far - does your car have 3 piece rear bumpers?

It is hard to tell from the 'photos, but mine has one piece bumpers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think it must be the reflection of the light trim in the other pics.

If you want to do a swap if you take them off, I've go a rear bumper with a few bits flaking off !

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Three more pictures added - the car stripped and blasted, and now covered in etch primer. Sadly a few more bits of welding requirements were revealed - and a new panel is going to have to be fitted between the boot lid and the rear window.

Still, progress and this is the last of the rust.

It was even rusty under the nicely intact headlining!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Geoff this car is absolutely stunning ! what a truly beautiful car ..ok thats it, sell the house sell the wife sell the kids ... i want one ! :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts