Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I picked up my new mito Sprint yesterday
I ordered the 95 bhp special edition when i got home i noticed that there are no sprint badges anywhere on the car , rang the dealer he said they said they stoppred putting them on ?
not sure whats happened here ,anyone else picked one up recently
Thanks guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i agree about the badges i,m contacting Alfa directly today to see what there take is on this
2012 vibe ?????? whats that about

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
The Olympics.. It's an athletics competition held every 4 years between teams from different nations. It's being hosted here (in Landon!) next year... but that's not important. The Sprint is a special commemorative edition of the Mito with (amongst other things) little Union Jack badges on the B-pillar.

Anyways the Sprint must have the little badges - that's essentially what makes it a Sprint, rather than a MiTo with the same factory options as a Sprint.

A lot of these special edition models are commissioned by the national importer. The factory build them to the requested spec' and/or they are further (simply) modified by the importer on arrival.

So it's possible that ARUK simply didn't remember to stick the badges on (or they may have run out). I guess the other options are more likely to be in place, since the cars would have been built in Italy with them already fitted.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want my badges they should be there
So I'm going to bug the dealer or alfa uk or both until I get them

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Personally think the badges they use are ugly and the car looks better without them. Seen a few about up here and they do the car no favours at all looking like the sort of badge one would buy in Halfords

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree about the flags , but I quite like the sprint on the tailgate,could someone with a special addition post up some photos of the seats cos I reckon they are different too, the one in the ezine brochure had a light grey panel running through the seats ,mine don't, ????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Different seat upholstery, no sprint badging what's going on ?
Something's not right, help my fellow alfa owners.

·
Registered
32,062 Posts
you will probably find the Sprint spec is a cheaper way of getting some of the equipment and those badges will simply date the car;think of those millenium special Fords in bright yellow.After a couple of years they looked older than than they really were.The Sprint badges are probably put on at the docks.What do the silver stickers in the doorshuts call it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check the stickers but can't understand why the seats are a different grey in the middle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spoke to Alfa uk my car is a turismo spec according to their database??????????
now what ?
They are looking into it
not sure what the differences are , apart from the ones i have identified
any help fellow alfa owners?
Thanks

·
Registered
32,062 Posts
the trim levels are Distinctive and Progression (and QV) nowdays ,so maybe Sprtints are based on old Turismo Lusso etc?

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
the trim levels are Distinctive and Progression (and QV) nowdays ,so maybe Sprtints are based on old Turismo Lusso etc?
Current brochure has Progression, Sprint, Distinctive and QV so it looks like Sprint is now a standard spec. level.

Turismo, Lusso and Veloce don't exist anymore on the MiTo range.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the car has got aircon ,cruise control ,dna 16 inch alloys
all this came with the special editions
so i'm not sure whats going on , anyone else picked one up recently ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Alfa UK are having a laugh, there is no Turismo version of the Mito. Look here: Alfa Romeo for all the available trim levels and what you get on each one. The paint code used to be on a sticker on the left of the rear tailgate, possibly still there? Your dealer should have it on record, surely?

·
Registered
10 Posts
picked mine up saturday and its exactly the same, noticed earlier there were no flags or a sprint badge the same as the one in the showroom, to be honest i think it looks better without them!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well thats reassuring ole bluey thought i had a bit of a ringer lol,what colour did you get ?
i love the car its great, which dealer did you get it from?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts