Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
When did they 1st appear? I had a Sprint Veloce 1.5 Y reg (I think), inboard brakes on front, rear discs. I didn't know it was an early one.

K

·
0 Posts
could be a good buy, or could have a whole heap of work needing doing (more likely) but a nice chrome bumpered sprint with a freshly refurbed interior..

still a bit pricey for my liking.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I just love the veloce script down the side.:cool:

Both of my Sprints had them but they've been removed from one. On the other they are doing a good job of holding the bottom of the doors together, to be honest!

If anyone needs some apparently Jsigns have the patterns for them and can make them up. They did the ones on Gary Orchards brown Sprint.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
never been painted eh:confused:
Thats probably why the front wings and bonnet are a different colour then:cheese:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
go to spec savers:cry:

old paint is dull
new paint shinney:lol:
Well in the first photo on Ebay the bonnet and front wings are darker than the doors, but the rear quarter panel is also darker than the doors, so it is the doors that look odd to me.

Also the photo with it on the ground has clean patches on the bonnet possibly from where it was pushed(?) so much of it is hidden under dirt.

I'd me more concerned with the amount of condensation in it - doesn't bode well for the state of the roof or floor.

Whatever, it doesn't get away from the fact that it is overpriced - at least from how it looks in the photos!

P

·
0 Posts
Just out of interest lads, does anyone know if those wheels are standard? If not what are they off? I like them:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a Y reg Sprint, and I'm pretty sure it had those alloys. My earlier V reg one was on steel wheels and had 165/70/13's if I remember correctly. These days Grandmas mobility scooter has bigger wheels!

V

·
0 Posts
I don't think it's that much overpriced really, its an original unmessed with early car, not many around and although its bound to need a lot of work I don't think we can expect to get something like this for a few hundred quid anymore, too many people interested in these cars nowdays

1 - 16 of 16 Posts