Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the second picture the state it's in right now ?
Posts overlapped Chris
It is as the last picture but I would like to keep those wheels and put the usual Sprint alloys back on it. If I sold it now I would look for £1400 - but if I respray and Mot then around £2400

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally progress as I have got the 8V Sprint out of "The Big Shed" and back to our house. Took the 6C's battery and put it in the 8V. A few turns, a bit of petrol and it started, checked the brake pressure and clutch - popped it into first and it rocked forwards 6" - put it in reverse and it went backwards 8" --- right over a nail sticking out of some scrap wood which went straight through the sidewall - PPPssssssssssh!!
Still it is now home and the stripdown has started. I'll be changing the front wings, putting back the original Speedline wheels together with the Sprint seats. Then respraying, MoTing -- and selling.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a bit more done today with the rear bumper off and rear trim and seats (modified 145 ones) out. Then I tried to take off the rear lamps - and remembered why I had sprayed round them last time! - they had been stuck on with some mastic that had set Hard......Still with patience and a thin blade they are now off.
Also the previous owner had cured the spare wheel well rust by cutting the well out and putting a flat plate over the hole. So do I return the wheel well with the section that came from the 6C? Or leave it as it is?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More work done - there was a water leak from the radiator so that is now out and the front wings are off. There is only a small hole at the top corner of the "A" pillar on the passenger side, the top wing rails are sound as a bell. I have a couple of better wings to put on and a better door. When the engine was running the oil pressure was great and it was quiet and smooth. I will change the cambelts though.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
wow that radiator needs changing - can't imagine any air flowing through that.
Original ones are copper/bronze so that's been changed at one point.

What was the hot idling oil pressure at idle and at 3000 rpm? Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow that radiator needs changing - can't imagine any air flowing through that.
Original ones are copper/bronze so that's been changed at one point.

What was the hot idling oil pressure at idle and at 3000 rpm? Just out of curiosity.
Hi Brit
The oil pressure was above the 3/4 reading on the gauge but due to the water leak I didn't want the engine running too long!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
ok so cold reading.

Cold readings really don't tell us anything.We want to run the engine for at least 20 mins to get the oil up to it's max temp. thinnest viscosity to see what the real readings are.

Mine is 80-90 when cold, obviously opening the bypass valve, but drops to 12-15 at idle when very hot.

55 psi at 3000 rpm more or less when hot.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the comments guys - I've been into the garage roof and got the steel wings that I took off the 6C. One is very good, the other has a bit of lip rust - which I've cut out and let in some good lip from the red wing. I've also got the radiator from the 6C car which is in good condition so things are progressing nicely.:)

1 - 20 of 140 Posts