Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've heard rumors lately that an original Sprint 6C was imported to Cyprus by the dealership many many years ago, and that it was sold in Cyprus as well !!!!

I have never seen this car in my life, and I was wondering if any of you know who the lucky owner is.... if this story is true :rolleyes:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I thought that there were only two Sprint 6c's made and that those were at the Alfa Romeo museum in Arese... Still I could be wrong....

A

·
0 Posts
Even though I am visiting Demades premises since 1970 when my father bought his first Alfa, a Giulia 1300Ti, I have never come across of the 6C. I was lucky though to see a couple of years later the orange Montreal, bought new by a Famagusta hotelier.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This car was supposed to be something like that as well.

They brought this car to Cyprus in order to present it at the exhibition , and it was sold instead of been shipped back !

I know for sure that the dealership has brought cars in the past for exhibition purposes and then shipped the cars back to Italy.

I've heard the story about the Montreal as well. I also heard that its for sale now :confused:

A

·
0 Posts
Being a bit ... older than you I have visited a lot of car shows or the annual state fair since the 70s and I have never heard or seen the 6C. Driving Alfas since then I should have heard about it. Glafkos Demades who was heavily involved with the Alfa sales left the company quite a while ago so cannot ask him about it. I do remember that years back a greek cypriot leaving in the UK used to order Alfas through Demades and then exporting them to the UK. The Montreal was actually bought by Mr Kounnas founder of Golden Bay, Golden Coast & other Hotels. A secondhand lefthand drive Montreal, also an orange one, was imported from Lebanon in the late 70s but has been exported later on somewhere in Europe.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very specific info you got there :cool:

Well, I was surprised to hear about this my self, but if there is a 6C in Cyprus , it would be very interesting to find out where it is ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks 16V. Can we check through our Department of Road Transport? I think in the UK, through VOSA, they can trace for specific cars/models provided their licences are renewed. Anyone with contacts within the Department?

·
Registered
162 Posts
i quess you are talking about the 2600 6c sprint of the 60's?isn't it?so there were 6,999sprint(coupe)made....and i have sean 4-5 occasionally in the uk sold for restoration for little money....so it is possible to have one in cyprus.....

supercharged16v i have seen your SS 51 SPRINT today and it sounds amazing....can you tell me what modifications you have done to it??

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i quess you are talking about the 2600 6c sprint of the 60's?isn't it?so there were 6,999sprint(coupe)made....and i have sean 4-5 occasionally in the uk sold for restoration for little money....so it is possible to have one in cyprus.....

supercharged16v i have seen your SS 51 SPRINT today and it sounds amazing....can you tell me what modifications you have done to it??
I just checked with my source, it seems I was mistaken. Its not the Sprint 6C like Sixnuts, its the old one from the 60's as you mentioned.. :rolleyes:

Still , I would be interesting to find out where this one is as well !!!

Thanks for your remarks Petros, its not at its best right now, I have the plastic door trim and some other things off for repairs, but as far as modifications..... I really havent done anything dramatic to it !
Just a set of velocity stacks and an H&R and Bilstein suspension ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Definetely sure, I sat in it when in Demades showroom in early 70s. I still have the original brochure and a 1:18 die cast .... somewhere in the store room.

A

·
0 Posts
I am afraid, not. As far as I know, Mr Kounnas left Famagusta during the 1974 Turkish Invasion driving his Montreal, so it was not left behind. Just found the Montreal brochure which I can show it to you when a meeting is arranged. What a fantastic car!! For the records I can confirm that two Guilia SS (1.6) were imported by late 60s. One of the "SS" was destroyed by a bomb explosion in the early 70s and the other one from what I heard was exported back to Italy, in the late 70s. Sorry no photo for this car.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
although a very nice example of one of the most rare alfa's ever made, I never liked the looks of the SS.
I have a friend who knows the owner of the Montreal, and I asked him to find out if it still exists ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Chris you are absolutely right, with the exception that by looking the photo I look much older ......... hahaha :(.

Everybody have a nice weekend. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts