Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a 1.3 Sprint advertised here in Portugal.
Just wondering how nice is it.
Low power but nimble, revvy and fun or just plain slow?
Did you guys got the 1.3 in the UK or was it a tax avoiding model for specific countries ?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
The 1.3 along with 1.2 engine although low power where the most fun to drive as there were easy to redlining all day without problems. So , if you are not planning on competing in races or drag-racing then it is a very good car. Especially now that there are traffic cameras all over the place and speed limit is easy to get overridden, with 1.3 you can revn as much as you want without braking the law , especially in city traffic.

A

·
0 Posts
Especially now that there are traffic cameras all over the place and speed limit is easy to get overridden, with 1.3 you can revn as much as you want without braking the law , especially in city traffic.
Greek you are absolutely right. Mine is a Super 4dr with the 1286cc engine, you can press it to it's limits and still within legal speed limits.......sometimes not.:D

RuiX8 if you fancy a powerful ride then you get one with your RX8 :), the sprint will give you excellent roadholding and classic car image.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have the 1.5 and i am in between sort of... I do redline her all day ,thanks to the mech tappets, i am quick just above limits. I had 1.7 with same range of rpms , i would certainly had 20- 30 klm more on the same route i do everyday and this is really a gamble play with oncoming traffic. Thats the reason that i dont get to upset not having 1.7....yet:cool:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yes, not looking for big power with Alfas.
Heritage, style, beauty and fun driving is what Alfas represent to me.
This Sprint looked very interesting indeed

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yes, they did a 1.3 Sprint in the UK, but very few were sold.

You have to remember the Sprint is heavier than the Sud, so performance won't be on a par, but few people complained about the 1350 engine on twin carbs in the sud.

The condition of the shell is the most important thing, and if its good then there is always the option of putting in a 1.5 or even 1.7 engine.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. The shell looks great but need to check underneath and in all those hidden areas.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Look out for the rear wheel arches, sills, underneath the rubber of the front windshield and if possible, open the doors completely and have a look as further as you can on the pilars where the door hindges are and front wings are bolted

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot. It looks very nice but don't know how it is underneath. Need to check for rust bubbles, windscreen frame, under the carpet and all those spots that were pointed.
Still deciding if i should get it though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts