Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm looking to lower and stiffen my 2.0 8 valve and I was wondering if there would be any benefit to gained by using the springs from a widebody.
Does anyone know how much lower and stiffer the springs are compared to the skinny?
I know I should just go all the way for aftermarket springs but, being the cheapskate that I am, I don't really want the springs to exceed the value of the car...

BTW Anyone had any experience of Ventura springs ? - I notice on the Need for Speed website that they are the Bilstein approved springs and used in their full suspension kits. They're priced at £80 per set.

TIA
Rob

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Most people here would recommend Eibachs, I had them on my V6 and they made hell of a difference.

I don't believe there is any difference between widebody and skinny springs.
Supers have different springs approx 25mm higher.

You could try standard V6 springs and cut them down, both Speed and Narlo have cut springs down and would be the best people to ask.

There were a set of standard V6 springs on ebay last night.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2.0litre 8v has the same height as the Super...which is very high.
On my Silverstone, put on the G&M kit (shocks and springs) from The AO shop and it is very good. Cost about £280 all in.

They do the springs seperately aswell, so have a look at the AO shop on this site. You won't get the full benefit of the lower springs unless you get the uprated shocks too.

My V6 is so low that the back wheels are tucking in to the wheel arch, but I think the shocks are standard I'm sure it could handle better.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
A quick squizz on the web reveals that Eibach springs for a 155 are likely to cast about £180 delivered for a set of four, lowering the car by 30-35mm.

Decent price for a quality product.

You may wish to change your shocks though, as the standard ones aren't suited to lowered springs.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a set if PI springs from halfords for 100 quid.

They were fitted along with brand new standard shocks all round.
I'm very happy with them

J

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rob r said:
Hi All,
I'm looking to lower and stiffen my 2.0 8 valve and I was wondering if there would be any benefit to gained by using the springs from a widebody.
Does anyone know how much lower and stiffer the springs are compared to the skinny

BTW Anyone had any experience of Ventura springs ? - I notice on the Need for Speed website that they are the Bilstein approved springs and used in their full suspension kits. They're priced at £80 per set.

Rob
Rob, I Wod'nt bother messing with standard springs the gain aint worth getting the tools out 4.sportpac no better.
Everyone harps on about eibach springs , can't possibly think their any better than my APEX springs, horses 4 corses, maybee firmer than eibach but how I like it...........flame suit on ready 4 the eibach boys. :D :D
Ventura springs, IMO ....If oked by Bilstein got 2 be worth a try for £80 give 'em a go could be the next 155 'must have mod' ;)
.....narlo.....

·
Registered
715 Posts
Eibach, Eibach, Eibach Trust me!! They are on all three of my cars now! There is an article on these inthe technical section of the site

1 - 7 of 7 Posts