Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had noticed a bit of knocking from the rear and so booked the car in for a looksee a few weeks ago , when looking under the car when I was cleaning her the other weekend saw that something wasn't quite right- see picture .

I took the car to a local garage as didn't fancy driving to Birmingham where it booked in and it seem the spring pan is a bit rotten.

Any ideas of best place to get one, Alfa Workshop are £368.50 including vat & postage , is there anywhere cheaper or is the going rate as seem a bit rare ?

Thanks for any help

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried Alfaholics, they don't have any stock.

That's the wrong side for me I'm after the right hand side,(drivers side) else I think I would have it .

My garage has given me price of £540 , this include fitting and picking up my car.Which is why I could do with trying to get it done for a bit less by sourcing the part and get it fitted local if possible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had both rear spring pans done at Autolusso Bournemouth back in February. Secondhand ones painted in good condition were £80 each and 3 hrs labour £150 (including some time to fit new Powerflex bushes) + VAT. So maybe about £200 all in for one side? Worth calling Laurence to see if they have one if you're just after the part.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
243 Posts
Judging by the state of the spring pan I'd say you should be looking at a fair bit of additional work. I'd consider the Autolusso overhaul if I were you rather than a straight swap out.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Both of mine went like that :(

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wow, that looks awful (sorry I am still in shock!)
Suspension refresh required here it looks like. It's not too difficult to do yourself. I paid about £140 for a new one last year from Germany but that was when the euro was good!

·
Registered
606 Posts
yeah thats bad, perhaps the entire rear suspention needs a redo, i would not be surprised if you have a few rust holes or atleast 2-3 mm of steel shaved off the entire underbody.

Check behind the wheel arches plastics,
The C hook drain holes,
Up where the lines go. should be quite a bit there.

once the Undercoating gets penetrated it just holds all the water and makes it worse.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I got mine from an eBay seller, they came powdercoated and powerflexed all ready to go. Wasn't that expensive IIRC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts